I Finally Found H13 Xenon Bulbs for my 05!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I really wanna see pics, I really wanna know if there any good

NOK7227.jpg

199 said:
I really wanna see pics, I really wanna know if there any good

I know I'm really excited to get these, I'll try to get some pics up ASAP. I did find some off-brand H13 on eBay that I've never heard of but I've had Nokya bulbs in my last three cars and they've been great so far!

Pardon my ignorance, I'm not really up to speed on headlights. is this just a simple headlight replacement. I looked into some HID assemblies online and they run about 500 bucks. I would love to be able to just change the bulbs to something brighter.

These bulbs are simulated HID; I think that's what it's called. The gas inside the bulb produces a different color temperature (bright white, hint of blue, red, etc). So it looks like an HID system, but without the price tag.

You can pick these up at any auto store; not this brand but the xenon bulbs. Which is something I was wondering about. Is Nokya just a reliable brand, or is there something else different between these and Silverstar or any other off-the-shelf brand?

All the replacements i've seen are higher wattage. I've run them in my Dakota and Explorer and never had any problems. My dad could never get a set to work in his Sport Trac though because of the higher wattage I believe.

Be very careful with overwattage bulbs. My '97 Audi reflectors melted with overwattage lamps. (10 watts over) Also, stock wiring is usually barely adequate to handle standard wattage bulbs. Additionally, many of the "xenon look" headlights have a coating on the bulb that actually decreases light output. Daniel Stern Lighting (http://www.danielsternlighting.com/) is a great resource if you want to upgrade your factory lighting.

Keith

covertaxn said:
Be very careful with overwattage bulbs. My '97 Audi reflectors melted with overwattage lamps. (10 watts over) Also, stock wiring is usually barely adequate to handle standard wattage bulbs. Additionally, many of the "xenon look" headlights have a coating on the bulb that actually decreases light output. Daniel Stern Lighting (http://www.danielsternlighting.com/) is a great resource if you want to upgrade your factory lighting.

Keith

Good advice.

hireman said:
If you find the lower replacement bulbs for the roush fogs I would really appreciate the info.....just put the roush front end on mine and LOVE IT!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/763164

just ordered the xenon bulbs for the headlights and the roush fogs.....I think the guy said they were the h 10's. I've got the silverstars in the factory fogs ....really white light. The xenons in the headlights and roush fogs should give it a nice contrast with the blue tint I think. Thanks for the heads-up on the bulbs!!!

hireman said:
just ordered the xenon bulbs for the headlights and the roush fogs.....I think the guy said they were the h 10's. I've got the silverstars in the factory fogs ....really white light. The xenons in the headlights and roush fogs should give it a nice contrast with the blue tint I think. Thanks for the heads-up on the bulbs!!!
Did you get the bulbs yet? Just want to make sure the H10's fit in the roush lights before I order them. I just put H13's in the headlights and H10's in the fogs, looks great! Only problem is the roush fogs are yellow and it looks silly with the white headlights. Please let me know if the H10's do in fact fit in the roush lights. Thanks!

zwooky said:
Did you get the bulbs yet? Just want to make sure the H10's fit in the roush lights before I order them. I just put H13's in the headlights and H10's in the fogs, looks great! Only problem is the roush fogs are yellow and it looks silly with the white headlights. Please let me know if the H10's do in fact fit in the roush lights. Thanks!
zwooky....yep I got them in and they work great. The h 10's are the ones for the Roush fogs too so order away!!!!

I hate to bring up an old thread, but did anyone get any pictures of them yet in the car? Are they much whiter than what's already in there? And how do these compare to the silver stars made by Silvania?

Status
Not open for further replies.