I Finally Hit The Dyno Today...

• Sponsors (?)

propellerhead said:
True. But it still doesn't explain the large variance.

Unfortunately you'll get no technical information from me.. I rely on you for that! :p

Seriously though, why don't you give Speedtek a call? They could probably give you a reasonable explanation. I can see how it could be an issue. How can you get a true sense of the impact a mod has with such a variance? Granted, I know you're not necessarily modding for the Dyno but it's still nice to know.

CobraM23 said:
Im so jealous. I have those VT Cams and a tune and I dont have as good of numbers as you.

remember your numbers will be lower since you have an auto. More loss through drivetrain.

Altough if you feel the need to get rid of those cams, I will gladly take them off your hands :D ! Who knows when they will get cores again :bang: .

Chili said:
Hey.. It was nice meeting you up there. BTW.. Thanks for the advice on the tire pressure. I took it down another 5 psi yesterday at Denton and it did well.

Hey Man! It was nice meeting you too. Glad my advice helped you out. What rpm's are you launching at?

propellerhead said:
cltgt, how consistent were your pulls? Mine were like:

1: 238 rwhp/286 torque
2: 227 rwhp/262 torque (-11/-24)
3: 233 rwhp/280 torque (+06/+18)

That's 11 rwhp variance between pull 1 and 2! wtf?

I will look when I get home Friday, I'm working in L.A. right now. I think all 3 pulls were within 2hp and 4 ft-lbs.

Pulls were back-to-back. about 30 secs. in between just to adjust fuel pressure.

cltgt said:
Hey Man! It was nice meeting you too. Glad my advice helped you out. What rpm's are you launching at?

Just over 3k Sunday with a little more feathering of the clutch. The tires even held better on the 1-2 shift where they usually spin for a second. My 60' time still sucks but getting a little better. 3.73's are going in Saturday, I'm interested to see what the results will be. Now I just need DR's.