I found the ultimate junkyard seats

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Guys,

New to the forum, and I'm looking for advice on seats. I have 1968 Mustang coupe. The original seat frames are bent so I've been thinking about my options when I saw this. I have a friend who has some recaros from a BMW 325 would these work as well as the e21? Also can anyone tell me what I would need to mount e21 - 325 seats in my car if i found a pair? Are there any other options that aren't super expensive. I am 6'1 180lbs and it's already pretty tight in the drivers seat with the stock seats. Here is a pic of my friends BMW 325 Recaros.

Thanks!

IMG_3339.JPG

It really doesn't matter what seats you use, the process is the same. Its a numbers game. How tall is the seat, how much room is there in the car, are the seats narrow enough to fit, ect.

You might want to try to adapt a set of factory seat rails to the BMW seats or modify the BMW rails to fit the car. It all depends on what will give you more space. I think someone makes a bolt in extender for the factory rails so you can push the seat back further. Might want to look into that.