Yeah, I did. I originally stripped the piece, then put on Rustoleum high heat black. It was supposed to be gloss, but came out flat. I went back and got the gloss black enamel Rustoleum, but I didn't strip the scoop again before I applied the new paint . It took me three hours, a bottle of acetone, a bottle of paint thinner, and three face cloths to get the goop that resulted from the paints reacting off of the scoop. I stayed up until midnight repainting the scoop, and jsut mounted it about 20 mins ago. It looks good, but I think I might have it repainted by a prefessional when I have some more money. There are a few run marks, and I just think it could be made to look better. But I am happy with it. Not that I have an option, now that I have drilled 6 holes through my stock hood to mount the scoop. PS- Rustoleum says it's enamel dries to the touch in 15 mins... try more like 3 hours!