I got rearended by the Short Bus!

• Sponsors (?)

DropTopPony said:
i'm doing the same thing...the idiot that totalled my lexus was under insured so i have to sue my own insurance company to cover my losses...

People think $50K is enough for liability these days. It's not even close. I'm insured for $100k cars. PLUS, "uninsured motorists" to take care of me everytime.

GDawg said:
People think $50K is enough for liability these days. It's not even close. I'm insured for $100k cars. PLUS, "uninsured motorists" to take care of me everytime.
The Lady that hit me only had a 25k max payout insurance. That was split 4 ways between myself and my passenger, then the 2 passengers in her car also sued her :mad: Virginia allows some really low insurance coverage (last time i drive through that horrible state)...thankfully my policy is a 250k per accident so i just have to sue my own insurance.

DropTopPony said:
The Lady that hit me only had a 25k max payout insurance. That was split 4 ways between myself and my passenger, then the 2 passengers in her car also sued her :mad: Virginia allows some really low insurance coverage (last time i drive through that horrible state)...thankfully my policy is a 250k per accident so i just have to sue my own insurance.

But... if their insurance doesn't cover it you can still sue their "estate" for the difference or sue your insurance company to recover from them. You can put a lien on their house, take any cars they have or have their paycheck tapped. Best is to go see a lawyer and let them decide what to do. But get a good one and not an ambulance chaser.

GDawg said:
But... if their insurance doesn't cover it you can still sue their "estate" for the difference or sue your insurance company to recover from them. You can put a lien on their house, take any cars they have or have their paycheck tapped. Best is to go see a lawyer and let them decide what to do. But get a good one and not an ambulance chaser.
They don't own anything and owe everyone :D i have a good lawyer and am already 1.5 years into my suit....the only thing i'm getting basically is what i get from my insurance co.

DropTopPony said:
They don't own anything and owe everyone :D i have a good lawyer and am already 1.5 years into my suit....the only thing i'm getting basically is what i get from my insurance co.

Hang in there Bob. I would sue the state if I couldn't recover any way else. :nice:

Our own insurance needs to own up to those types of situations.

Insurance needs to provide what they offer.