I Got Shingles

Killa

Jul 9, 2007
Never though this day would come. Been feeling weir lately on my left side of body, feeling like needle pint me, feeling burn sensation .. harder to breath at night on my chest. Last night after when home from watching Godzilla ( good movie ), I feel an itch on my back, I look on the mirror, I was freak out as soon I saw a rash . Next morning I check myself in the ER ( emergency room ), got in and doctor look at it, as soon he look at the rash, he say " its Shingles " , I ask him what cause, he say when my immuse system is low, the shingles virus can come up and win over my body. usually cause by stress, drinking, or HIV/AIDS !!!!!!!! I was freak the hell out. These day you never know what you accident got from peoples. ANyway He just gonna give me some itch pill and some pain pill to drink for 2 week and it will go away

While im at it, I was brave enough to ask him, that I want doing a complete body check up. I never do a body complete check up, because I was scare they say I get cancer, diabetes , high blood pressure, or some kind of STD , that why I been hold up for many year, my body did tell me that something is not normal from time to time, but I never went to the doctor.

Anyway I got blood test and urine test and X ray , they gonna check for my blood, liver, and kidney and any kind of diseace .... while they send my sample to the lab for test, I was pray god I dint get any bad new. 2 hours later test result came back, all normal ! and he say all came back normal and you are perfectly healthy !!, :poo: I was happy and joy , now I just need take care myself a bit more, stop drinking and try less stress and worried.

I drink 2 pill they gave me today, and I already sleep 2 time and feel 100% better, I havent feel this great in a very long time.

btw the pill they gave me, one that is pain killer and im not support to drive, I will be stay home and relax for 2 week.

• Sponsors (?)

does this mean we can build a roof out of you?:p:D

at least you dont have end stage kidney disease. i do and i get stabbed three times a week with needles large enough to take ice core samples, and then i get to bleed into a machine for over four hours, before they kick me out.

Reactions: 1 user
does this mean we can build a roof out of you?:p:D

at least you dont have end stage kidney disease. i do and i get stabbed three times a week with needles large enough to take ice core samples, and then i get to bleed into a machine for over four hours, before they kick me out.
That sucks man. Dialysis is a mofo. Sorry to hear it

About 15 years ago my stepdaughter who was about 5 got chicken pox. It was so cute- she got one mark on her arm, a few on her legs, a few on her back. After a few days she was over it.

THEN..... a few days later.........

I got a raging fever and aches. I got chicken pox all over my body- in places grown men shouldn't get them. In my scalp, ears, you name it.. The doctor gave me sedatives that knocked me out for two days and I took Aveno baths for a week. Turns out I never had them as a kid.

So I know how you feel man...

About 15 years ago my stepdaughter who was about 5 got chicken pox. It was so cute- she got one mark on her arm, a few on her legs, a few on her back. After a few days she was over it.

THEN..... a few days later.........

I got a raging fever and aches. I got chicken pox all over my body- in places grown men shouldn't get them. In my scalp, ears, you name it.. The doctor gave me sedatives that knocked me out for two days and I took Aveno baths for a week. Turns out I never had them as a kid.

So I know how you feel man...
X2. I was 20 though when I get it. They suck a lot worse when you're older.

for those that already got chicken pox, now you have a virus caller shingles, that virus cant never get rid off, it pernament stay in your body and hide in his little spot, and it only attack you when your immuse system is super low. so stay healthy, eat healthy, dont stress too much, and avoid drink much as possible, and you will never get shingles.

medicine only can fight it and put it back to his little spot, the shingles shot is only for 70 year old +, that BS lol , the rest have to drink pill.

btw im 28.

Shingles? Have you been hanging out with a bunch of bad guy roofers?

I'm an old guy who had chicken pox as a kid, so I got the shingles shot. I am a Viet Nam vet and work for the VA, so it was a freebee.

Last edited:
I got shingles when I was 23. It sucked, but I could have had it way worse, because typically the older you are when you get it, the worse off it is. They caught it pretty early and blasted me with Zovirax, which is an anti-herpes drug, because chicken pox and shingles are a herpes virus. The strangest thing about it all was I had phantom "pains" in the affected area for over a year. It would occasionally feel like somebody was touching me where I had the rash.

Ouch, man im sorry to hear that. Get yourself a clone and transplant them fuggers

clones take too long, how are your kidneys??(hello black helicopters? i have this guy who..........)

How old are you?

about 5000 year old, or so it seems.:D:D

That sucks man. Dialysis is a mofo. Sorry to hear it

its actually not that big a deal, once you get used to it. and since i get it done early in the morning, the rest of the day is mine to sleep, or what ever else i can get away with.:D:D

clones take too long, how are your kidneys??(hello black helicopters? i have this guy who..........)

about 5000 year old, or so it seems.:D:D

its actually not that big a deal, once you get used to it. and since i get it done early in the morning, the rest of the day is mine to sleep, or what ever else i can get away with.:D:D

Did you have polycystic kidney disease before being diagnosed?

Sorry to hear it! My Dad got Shingles in his feet about 5 years ago. I learned alot about that when he got it.
#1 thing I learned is that its very painful!

Good Luck!

It was caused by the stress from your fox incident I bet.

My gf say the same thing, she wont let me touch the fox atm. Eat , drink pill, and sleep, netflix...

the suck thing about this is, the pain, it feel like some one pin you with a needle and then continue with a burning sensation . And the pill doctor gave me, tell me take twice a day on pain killer, and every 6 hours on the shingles killer , the suck part is the pill wore off 3-4 hours, need to wait 2 hours to take again.

and the paint killer, I can see how peoples get addic to it, its feel so good ! too bad I cant get refill on it, once it out, i cant get any more.