I got to ride in a new 2005 Ford GT this past weekend....

1320stang

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1998
Edmond, Oklahoma
I got to ride in a new 2005 Ford GT this past weekend.... NOT a piddly '05 Mustang GT

:nice: :banana: :spot: :owned: :cheers:

All white with blue rocker stripes only. I only got to ride in the pits of the dragstrip we were at, Emerald Coast Dragway just east of Pensecola, Florida.
My buddy, however, got a much more spirited ride down hwy 90 (two lane with no shoulders) to the tune of 140mph. Another buddy got to ride at 150 and took a pic of the speedo, he then swapped seats and got to drive it.

So the Pantera ride when I was 11 got bumped to #2 on my list of "Coolest Cars I Ever Rode In".

BTW, I have looked like this :D ever since.... :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

It only had 528 miles on it when we pulled it into the trailer, he didn't run it at the track. Two friends were treated to rides out on the highway at 140mph and 150mph respectively. The guy taking the pics I posted got the 150 mph hour ride and also got to drive it!!! :drool:

1320stang said:

Was in Wal Mart last night looking for a birthday present for my son who turns 5 tomorrow. Walking around I spotted a Dub City Ford GT. It was blue with white stripes. I think I might have to get it.

Here's a link to what they look like.

http://www.kitestore.com/funstorecom/dubcifogt1.html
PUH-LEEZE! :nonono:You expect us to believe you were shopping for your kid? :rolleyes: C'mon, be honest about it, you were looking for yourself, the kid is just a cover!:nice:

Awesome ride!

I have yet to have your experience in one, though I have had other memorable rides! My personal two best include 5 hot laps at Lime Rock in Rick Kopec's 1965 GT-350R at speed, and in my friend's real 289 comp Cobra at 150 MPH at the old Atlanta Motor speedway.

I do want to experience the GT!