I got.....

• Sponsors (?)

I had ptv clearance probs with gtp's on my 87 block with a crane 2020 cam (.530 lift). so clay them. I did a mild port on mine, had a 3 angle valve job done, swapped on a set of crane valve springs an retainers, 30 degree valve cut back, and milled .0040 total investment:$350 (heads, springs, machine work).

I was reading an old '03ish article about Robin Lawrence's FS coupe today, and he said in his opinion the '96 non-P heads in particular have the best flow characteristics and make the best power of all the "GT" heads. I found that interesting since the general opinion is that the Ps are superior. His car is/was running 11.70s with'em so i guess he knows something.

Robins heads were FAR from out of the box stock heads, the work he did to them might have done better on Ps, he would never know. A P head changes the sprak plug angle vs a regular GT40 head. Whether that hurts or helps, is a toss up. Every NMRA guy has a different idea, and there were even E7 guys who ran great times deep into the 11s. Our P headed car has been 12.17 @ 110, and the other day at 3200+ elevation I went 12.26 @ 109. Thats stock cammed, Cobra intaked, bolt on street car! The Ps vs the regular 40s is a 6 to one, half dozen the other comparo... If you get a deal, both will run strong, especially for a street car.

lol, its 4 in total. 2 were in the trunk. its for a prject car we are gonna build. we are gonna build a rat rod from a ranger.
DSC00213-1.jpg