I gotta' throttle body!

hey thanks for the positive input....by the way i read on their site that the price is 499.00. its 8.5 hp and 8 ft lbs of torque from what ive read. also they have been saying it adds alot of throttle response...which we all know the 05' diffinately lacks.

• Sponsors (?)

Adam2004 said:
$549 for 8 horsepower, what a deal.
I read a magazine article where they took a Mini Cooper and had it tuned by John Cooper's own shop. Total price of the top package was $26,500 (ON TOP OF THE PRICE OF THE CAR!) and they got an extra 24 ponies out of the little guy.

Makes the $550/8rwhp seem a better deal eh?

Edbert said:
I read a magazine article where they took a Mini Cooper and had it tuned by John Cooper's own shop. Total price of the top package was $26,500 (ON TOP OF THE PRICE OF THE CAR!) and they got an extra 24 ponies out of the little guy.

Makes the $550/8rwhp seem a better deal eh?

better deal... yes
still a waist of money.... yes
8hp for $500... makes me miss my 5.0 :)

actually rpmoutlet is selling their own throttle body through their in-house label Motoblue. Its also a 62mm tb and not a 60mm tb like the CCM one. I dont know which one would be better but they are the same price and are both billet. Anyone have a clue which would be better? The 60mm or the 62mm?

Turbo 05 said:

Interesting... I could care less if it looks like a cheeseburger. It seems (without seeing a true test) that the 62mm is putting out more power. For $295 and a claim of 12hp, I wonder what it would do on my blown GT. 18hp? 20hp? :D

EDIT: I just called, they're "out of stock" until the 29th of this month. Sounds like "help desk" people answer the phone as they couldn't answer any questions about performance, etc... :notnice:

Picked mine up this past week from LFP. Here's some pics.

fartboy.jpg

fartboy2.jpg