i guess my car is not as stock as i thought

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
well when we pulled the old injectors out...5 were stock 19lb injectors and 3 were 42lb injectors *WTF* i have no idea why they were there but replaced them all with a set from a 91 5.0 and it ran a lot better...still have a miss...but its better :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

My GT still has the air silencer. :eek:

i pulled mine out

I just got my old mustang back yesterday after not seeing it for a good 8-9 months and the owner before me that I traded the car to said I had a combination or 19's and 24's injectors:rolleyes: ...I didnt know anything about it

lol

mine did too......till I installed it in my closet lol

whats up with the mis matched injectors?

why on earth would somebody missmatch injectors? thats retarded.

hell if i know...maybe they thought it would make it lope like it had a cam :shrug:

why on earth would somebody missmatch injectors? thats retarded.

As a matter of fact there is a great reason some of the most impressive fastest cars you might see will have mismatched injectors. A few years back now the NMRA Real Street cars were mostly SCed comboes because the nitroused cars were having issues keeping together and running the number. I believe it was Bruce Hemmenger (Im sure I botched that spelling) who had his nitroused coupe set up to run with different injectors. He had issues with the cylinders leaning out because he was not allowed to port his intake. He therefore put larger injectors on the leaner cylinders, and sure enough had the fastest nitrous car, and might even have been the fastest car that year!

Definately not smart for a stock street car though!

Damn, I dunno. I probably will...

take you all of 10 min...don't even have to pull the wheel or inner fender well splash guard out...just pull the two clips that hold the splash guard and unbolt and pull it out through the bottom..(msy have to wiggle and jiggle it a little) wow that sounds wrong :rolleyes:

jack the car up some...makes it a little easier as well

I'm having difficulty understanding how someone could confuse 42 lbers with 19 lbers. My 42s look like:

0280150558Green.jpg

What other colors do they come in?

My 19 lbers look like:
FordRacingC302.jpg