I hate jersey cops, help me beat a ticket!

PeteyAce

Jul 2, 2004
i have never gotten a ticket until i moved to jersey, drumroll for the crap they came up today. Driving home on route 36 when i see a guy pulled over two cop cars behind him. Im doing 45 limit is 50. as soon as i pass them they get in their cars and start to follow me and pulled me over up ahead. got everything ready handed it dl reg etc. He asked me how fast i was going i said 50 he said "79?!?" i repiled no 50 (becaus they sound so alike) he said he pulled me over because of the visilblity of my taillights. He said the striping on them were illegal and they were dim. First overall car is still reg in ny state and so is my drivers l. so any thing illegal tint level graphics etc. doesnt apply to me!! But the striping ******* was talking about was svo taillights, so for everyone with svo and cobra taillights in nj beware they are illegal! As for the dimness they are not as dim as he says i will post pics if nessary. with something like its a call of friggin opinion. i have a clean license no points nothing, i wanna fight it, advice?

• Sponsors (?)

fight it because its your right, take pictures of your lights at night with the brakes on and show them to the judge and explain they are OEM taillights/bulbs, also argue the speed thing somehow, did he show you his radar gun?

~Mark~

He pulled you over because your a younger guy driving a better performing car, and he's a bored, vindictive local stroke cop on a power trip. My brother in law is a cop in Calumet City, Illinois, and thats the motivation behind lots of the officers rediculous actions (not so much anymore, now Cal City cops worry about crime- lots of it). Every time I've been to traffic court, one time for myself, in1988, the judge sits, listening intently to the perp say his peace, then makes the guilty punishment harsher because you argued with the system. Plead guilty, take the slap on the wrist and the quick education in our legal system. And if you think that sucks, try divorce court once- and justice for all, sure, right!

Couldnt you find like a factory service manual for an SVO or something, and take that in showing that your taillights came stock on some cars? that should be enough to prove they are legal. Hell, take a mustang catalog in with you that has them in there, and show that they are legal for on road use. Tell the judge you plead innocent, because you shouldnt get a ticket for having factory taillights.

I probably would have gotten in trouble had that been me, i would have been laughing at the guy so hard he would have cuffed me.

Fight it and bring reference. What makes me sick is even though you'll probally get it dismissed, nothing will happen to the cop. If cops got in trouble for stupid mistakes like this, it wouldn't happen. They should put that cop through a few hundred hours of training about what is and isn't legal by DOT specs would teach him a lesson.

New Jersey is the biggest ****hole in the USA. It really has nothing of it's own, it just gets the cheap/crappy ends of NYC and Philly. Half the people there are nuts. I guess when you mix all the imbreeding the south could ever dream of, and then combine that with the toxic waste, you really get somethign special.

they can get you for the graphics/tint, i know people who've gotten pulled over in jersey for their tint and there's nothin you can do about it, if you're out of state they're gonna pull you over cuz they know you'll pretty much pay it since it costs to travel back for a courts date- plus they're makin money off of it

i think its monmouth county, im pretty sure it was ethier a middletown or hazlet cop, if i knew i was wrong like head lamp out (which they didnt find heh heh) i woudnt mind but i felt like i was hasseled. while one guy was writing the ticket the other was pulling my drivers taillight down taking it off a bit i was about to say something but he stopped, then he was looking in my trunk (with flashlight) i was gunna say dont mind the dead body back there but if i said that they probably would of arrested me

mustanghunter but if you were to go to court you would win, rules that apply to one state dont apply to others. its llegal if your friend lived in ny and got it in nj what everytime he comes over the bridge he has to take off his tint? I mean my car was qualifiled enough to pass the nys inspection for the past 3 years and its not to driving on 36?

Fight it and bring reference. What makes me sick is even though you'll probally get it dismissed, nothing will happen to the cop. If cops got in trouble for stupid mistakes like this, it wouldn't happen. They should put that cop through a few hundred hours of training about what is and isn't legal by DOT specs would teach him a lesson.

New Jersey is the biggest ****hole in the USA. It really has nothing of it's own, it just gets the cheap/crappy ends of NYC and Philly. Half the people there are nuts. I guess when you mix all the imbreeding the south could ever dream of, and then combine that with the toxic waste, you really get somethign special.

Yeee Hawww georgia!

easy there slugger. i live in NJ and no i dont think its the greatest state at all but its not nearly as bad as alot of people thing when it comes to quality of living. hell, three of the most affluent counties in the country are in NJ. all anyone thinks of are the NYC and Philly metro areas and forgets about the rest of the state which in actuality, is quite nice.

View attachment 390008

pretty nice, no?

ha, funny.

yes its scaffolding they renovated the monument a couple years ago

good luck finding it off any exit, its closer to I-84 in PA and upstate NY than anything in jersey, it just sucks that all the pee pee heads from the NYC metro area are finding their way up to all the god-forsaken new developments they are building up here in what used to be cow country

Georgia blows d1ck head! Jersey is the sickest, everyone that comes to jersey always says they've had an awesome time. Im an hour from Philly and 45 minutes from NYC, what more could you ask for. Why dont you just take your redneck georgian ass and talk smack about something else cause you obviously dont know what your talking about.:notnice: :notnice: :notnice: :notnice: :notnice: :notnice: :notnice: :notnice: :notnice: :notnice: :notnice:

See, you have to prevent getting the ticket in the first place. Cops are lazy. You can't let him walk to your car, then he's pissed that he had to walk, and you're almost guaranteed to get a ticket. Next time, as soon as you come to a stop, jump out of the car and run to his window, he will appreciate the trouble you're saving him and not give you a ticket. If he beats you to it, and walks to your window, there's still hope. You must know that cops have a great sense of humor. When he gets to your window, quickly reach under the seat, then say gotcha! He will most likely laugh and just give you a warning.

easy there slugger. i live in NJ and no i dont think its the greatest state at all but its not nearly as bad as alot of people thing when it comes to quality of living. hell, three of the most affluent counties in the country are in NJ. all anyone thinks of are the NYC and Philly metro areas and forgets about the rest of the state which in actuality, is quite nice.

i agree completely...everyone I meet always puts down NJ because they automatically think its a ****hole. A lot of it is but if you live where me and quick91lx live, you'd be suprised how nice it is up here. Sure the laws and taxes are still ridiculous but it is a lot nicer than most places. My town is in northern NJ and we don't even have a traffic light lol.

i agree completely...everyone I meet always puts down NJ because they automatically think its a ****hole. A lot of it is but if you live where me and quick91lx live, you'd be suprised how nice it is up here. Sure the laws and taxes are still ridiculous but it is a lot nicer than most places. My town is in northern NJ and we don't even have a traffic light lol.

wow what town do you live in? i didnt know anyone on here lived in the area...shoot me a PM, this thread is derailed enough, lol.