I hate my Stang!!!

• Sponsors (?)

00BlackBeautyGT said:
I can hear the rattles real good around the stereo bezel. I try to put pressure on it by holding while going over bumps but nope it still rattle somewhere.

I had mine replaced. The dealer gave me the car back saying there was nothing wrong. Boy did I make them look stupid. I took it apart in front of their face. The problem was that the center air vents are connected very poorly to the plastic frame around the stereo. They ordered me a new and installed it. No more rattle.....atleast from that area :p

Well you said that the rattles started following the dealer repairs for the airbag theft...I'd say try your best to bring it to another dealer. Mine doesnt rattle one bit, and I have 75k miles on it. The dealer simply doesnt want to spend their money to fix something they screwed up on. Fix your problem at it's source, dont start modding your undercarriage yet.

The button on my E-brake handle makes alot of noise, it took me forever to find out where it was coming from. If you guys cant find the noise in your car you might wanna chek that out.

P.S anyone else have a prob with there guages sqeeking?

joejoejc said:
The button on my E-brake handle makes alot of noise, it took me forever to find out where it was coming from. If you guys cant find the noise in your car you might wanna chek that out.

P.S anyone else have a prob with there guages sqeeking?
My tach now makes a sort of "whirring" noise only around 2000 rpms after I installed the white gauge faces.

FastRedPonyCar said:
like the others have stated. it's bound to rattle. it's a cheap american car. subframe connectors (i have the griggs and they're identical to the MM ones), louder exhaust :D, and dynamat would really make the car quieter.
I have a 2000 and is well taken care of. Before it was broken into, that car was perfect. No rattles what so ever. Trust me I know. Until now, it sounds like a bucket. The top rattles terribly. So will subframes really help it big time. Will it eliminate the rattles or just tame it a bit.

Well, my 99 GT is 100 times better then my old 89 GT in the rattle department. Have any of you guys ever driven a newer gen camaro? Talk about a rattle trap. My gf wanted to buy a 97 z-28 but the thing felt like it was gonna fall apart at only about 60k miles. It made me fall back in love with my stang after driving that camaro.

00BlackBeautyGT said:
Why would anybody want to steal airbags? What would they use it for. I would assume that they would sell it, but who the hell would want to buy it?
they are insanely expensive. i don't know specifically who buys them, but i hear there is a black market for them. probably shops that do accident repair for insurance companies buy them to save money.

Black96VertGT said:
they are insanely expensive. i don't know specifically who buys them, but i hear there is a black market for them. probably shops that do accident repair for insurance companies buy them to save money.
Yeah, I thought about that also. It could have been these auto body shops around my house that could have did that. There is a total of 6 body shops on the same street 1 block away from my house. I have a feeling that they could have hired someone to go around town and steal airbags. When I took my car to the dealer for the repair, they said my car was the 15th one hit that same week. I was like WTF. :(

I have a 96 car and I use to have all sorts of rattles, and they drive me crazy, not as bad as my 87 & 88 cars, but bad enough....I got a whole bunch of foam and took apart my dash and started stuffing it in there, and in the back decklid therer was rattles...My E-brake handle still rattles, and I broke my seat mount at the track being pissed off at times, and tried to push the throttle down so much I broke the seat, and it sqeeks like a mother, but oh well, the joys of owning a stang doesnt go away....

Usually most of the ticks and rattles come when I have the windows up with no music on. I usually hear a tick here and there and the seatbelt latch always hits the panels which cause a rattle sound. The one rattle I want to dissapear is everytime I get moving the rear passenger side seat squeaks. But eversince I've changed my rims it hasnt been doing it that often.

But..most cars do rattle. I was in my bosses S430 and believe it or not on bumpy surfaces there was alot of uncessary noises coming from the dash.

00BlackBeautyGT said:
Will subframe connectors help my rattles. If so, which ones. Which ones are the best on the market.

Yes SFC will HELP with rattles. They will not fix all of the noises but will help with a lot of them. Everyone will have a different opinion of which one is the best. I have kenny brown SFC's on my car and love them.

I also hate rattles, what I do is I focus on one, and I don't rest until I fix it, most of the rattles I had were because I removed the old MACH 460 and installed a new system, I was very carefull, usually silicon grace (spray) helps to solve most squeaks.

What I do is I disassable the area where the rattle is coming from, I drive it like that for a while just to make sure that the rattle actually comes from there, If the rattle goes away then I try to figure out why it was rattling and solve it.

Right now the only rattle I have is coming from the cd player adapter, I will fix it on january :)

BTW, I have welded SFC, they are great to make the chassis stiffer.