I hate to say it but I am considering selling the Stang and Getting a 97 Vette...

I happend to be lurking around the forums and saw this......Ive owned a 98 C5 for 2.5 years and its currently for sale so I'll give my input:

Are Vettes all they are cracked up to be: oh heck yeah!!!!

I love the crap out of mine and thats not the reason I choose to sell it. Im getting married this fall and all that good stuff so I wanted something with a warrenty in case if something broke because C5 parts are expensive. I never really had any major issues with mine, just small stuff like a broken vacuum hose with the A/C when I got it and a couple other very minor issues. However if an electrical bug or something major hits, expect to pay out the butt for it. A C5 is in a whole different class IMO than a Mustang/Fbody. Ive owned and driven 2 94-98 Mustangs (both v6s), a 01 Z28, and a 98 C5. The Vette was by far the most enjoyable of all of them and it is a totally different vehicle than either of those others. Sure, you can take anything and match or beat a Vette in a straight line but the handling is amazing and the car has the total package. It is a true sports car and not a performance coupe and you will know it when driving. The LS1 is a reliable engine and unless you dog it, I rarely hear of issues with either the auto or M6 trannies. The 97 really isn't much if any worse than any other year of C5s. Actually, the worst year for engine issues in C5s is the 2001 because they made some changes to the engine and production was moved to a different plant. There is someone on Corvetteforum with a C5 with 300K miles it runs like a champ...plenty have over 100K with minimal issues. Like I said, if you DO happen to have an issue, you had better know somebody or have a deep pocketbook because plenty of repairs can set you back $2K+. I also definitely plan to own another Vette in the future once I get more settled :cool:

• Sponsors (?)

I happend to be lurking around the forums and saw this......Ive owned a 98 C5 for 2.5 years and its currently for sale so I'll give my input:

I love the crap out of mine and thats not the reason I choose to sell it. Im getting married this fall and all that good stuff so I wanted something with a warrenty in case if something broke because C5 parts are expensive. I never really had any major issues with mine, just small stuff like a broken vacuum hose with the A/C when I got it and a couple other very minor issues. However if an electrical bug or something major hits, expect to pay out the butt for it. A C5 is in a whole different class IMO than a Mustang/Fbody. Ive owned and driven 2 94-98 Mustangs (both v6s), a 01 Z28, and a 98 C5. The Vette was by far the most enjoyable of all of them and it is a totally different vehicle than either of those others. Sure, you can take anything and match or beat a Vette in a straight line but the handling is amazing and the car has the total package. It is a true sports car and not a performance coupe and you will know it when driving. The LS1 is a reliable engine and unless you dog it, I rarely hear of issues with either the auto or M6 trannies. The 97 really isn't much if any worse than any other year of C5s. Actually, the worst year for engine issues in C5s is the 2001 because they made some changes to the engine and production was moved to a different plant. There is someone on Corvetteforum with a C5 with 300K miles it runs like a champ...plenty have over 100K with minimal issues. Like I said, if you DO happen to have an issue, you had better know somebody or have a deep pocketbook because plenty of repairs can set you back $2K+. I also definitely plan to own another Vette in the future once I get more settled :cool:

So you've owned two V-6 SN95's and you're telling us how great the Plastic Pig is compared to a Mustang? Dude, come back when you've owned a built 5.0 or a blown Cobra and I might actually give some weight to what you say.:bs: Everybody that I have EVER met that drove a late-model Corvette was a major poser that knew as much about their car as they did about their TV: How big it was and how to turn it on.

So you've owned two V-6 SN95's and you're telling us how great the Plastic Pig is compared to a Mustang? Dude, come back when you've owned a built 5.0 or a blown Cobra and I might actually give some weight to what you say.:bs: Everybody that I have EVER met that drove a late-model Corvette was a major poser that knew as much about their car as they did about their TV: How big it was and how to turn it on.

AMEN ... LOL :lol:

DO I FEEL A FIBERGLASS JOKE COMING ON.. LOL

So you've owned two V-6 SN95's and you're telling us how great the Plastic Pig is compared to a Mustang? Dude, come back when you've owned a built 5.0 or a blown Cobra

No kidding. I appreciate and respect different input and opinions from everybody but that's like comparing apples and oranges!

I love Vettes but I doubt I'd ever buy one. Not because of the money, either.

Once in a while my old man will let me beat on his '87 vette. I know its not the c5 but its still a vette. It has around 35k miles on it and in GREAT shape. Let me tell you, its nothing special, its kind of a dog, and my car feels WAY more solid than his, seems like his is going to vibrate and rattle apart.

if you go the vette route id suggest a c4.... but hey i work at a carwash and have drieven many vettes, c4's c5's and c6's. the c6 was the best but still felt like it was gonna rattle apart, just like the c4's and 5's. i worked with a guy there once that knew allot about cars and said he has taken many corvettes over a railroad crossing and he said it was torture, i can believe him.

as for stang route, get a lower mile fox, a 96-04 gt or cobra. they are nice cars coming from foxes, i enjoy driving my friends 96, it has more of a sports car feeling to it. that or you could just say screw it and drop a crate motor in your car and s-charge it, i think you'd like it allot more then...

c5s are nice but that 97 is listed way overpriced. You can get a c5z06 with that mileage for not much more. Anyone that thinks the c5 sucks really needs to drive one. But as stated the parts and mods are very expensive. Tires are a fortune. Personally id rather have an 03 cobra myself for the same price and beat the c5. Then spend around 500 dollars and wax the z06. Then buy a Kenne Bell and wax the c6z06. jus my 2 cents. In a perfect world id have my fox, an 03 04 cobra and a c5. But my salary dictates jus the fox lol

Mustang vs Vette vs what

Forget the vette I have 3 friends that bought them and they don't drive them its only a novelty for about 3 months then it gets old, you want something New that you don't have to modify and is fast Well that New Shelby GT 500 should do the trick and guess what its cheaper than a New Vette and rides Better or if your talking a older Model Try a Viper 2000 now thats Fast and cheaper than Both New Shelby and Vette, but they are all Fun if you can afford them, my 2 cents is go were your Heart and pocket leads you too.

:rolleyes:

I think a Z28 would make a great comparison to a Mustang. They are both very similar. As far as performance goes, if you have enough money you could make a Geo Metro outrun a Viper, but thats pointless. If you want cheap straight line performance, get a Fox Mustang. Its near impossible to beat the hp per cost of a Fox Mustang. If you want an all around sports car, get a Corvette, Viper, etc. Not trying to troll, just tossing in my .02.

Guys, its not always about brand loyalty and everything, i bought a 96 Z28 with a 6 speed because i wanted a good DD for summer. And i would DEFINITELY take my Z28 over a 5.0 with a T5, stock for stock its a lot faster, more comfy, T-tops aren't rare as hell, and more reliable, atleast GM put in a borg warner T56 instead of a :taco: ass T5. So far besides spark plugs, the underside of the Z is easy as hell to work on too. I say go ahead and get the Vette, you'll be happier in your situation in the longrun.

Now don't get me wrong, i love my mustang, but only because its different, it will always be my baby, and always the fastest of my cars and most taken care of. I also have my dodge ram too, so i don't stick to any one brand.

BTW....ford needs to wake up.........blowers on their motors just to keep up with a N/A GM motor, thats sad. After driving and owning both brands for a number of years, I'll always go to GM for cars and trucks before anyone else. As for big blocks though, I think chevy blows ass.