I hate when Mustangs attract REDNECKS

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
Although I love my car and can usually talk a lot with some of the other car guys out there I just hate the way these hillbillies want to come up on my driveway or get all up in my business and talk about it, and 99% of them don't really know squat about what makes a car fast in the first place.

It's not a social thing to me, if anything I have to say it's quite anti-social... we talk after we race. Not about your uncles big block fox with the turbo, nirtous and a supercharger or whatever.

Sorry, just had to rant. Anyone else feel this way?

• Sponsors (?)

I get it. Same thing happens to me anytime i'm out in my mustang, dart, or wrx and someone wants to try and "relate" to me even though they don't know squat about cars. :p

Everybody always feels the need to tel me about the sweet fox they had back in the day. Even had a cop tell me about his 86 when he had me pulled over for not having tailpipes.

Was that me? :D

C'mon guys seriously you guys have never done that? I'm not a redneck (so I think) but I know I have fondly remembered some of my old cars when I see someone's sweet ride. But yes there are some annoying ones........

You think that's bad? You should try driving a classic 'Stang. Everyone and their Grandma had one, and they all have Boss 302's.:rolleyes:

Everyone walks up to my 68 and says "65 Coupe! It's got a 302! (sometimes 289) ".:nonono:

Yeah whatever.

Nah i get it. They come up to you to talk about someone elses car, not yours. If you wanted to hear about their car then you woud've asked them. Anytime i go to talk to someone with a sweet car I don't talk about mine unless they ask about it.

why hang the NECK's out to dry? everyone does it. yeah i guess it only bothers me when the person talking about their ex-rides is drunk and on a bicycle or just has so many stories he just keeps on rambling on. pfft if i wanted a story i would have read a book.

Friend of mind is sort os a redneck. But hey, he knows what hes talking about. We worked on cars for ages. He's torn apart motors and rebuilt them.

I know what you're talking about though. It's those guys in the F150's or Rangers all jacked up and sportin swamper 35's. I'd get them in their truck next to me , then they'd floor it with their loud exhaust. They dont bother me. I get along with those guys just fine. What bugs me are the friggin ricers... you know.. those young guys in Hondas .. Mitsus or whatever with either chromed or blacked out wheels and a fart can.. with euro tail lights. They are the ones that annoy me. I hear them revving their motors at me... get real please! They'd be all gathered up in a parking lot around some Civic with the hood up like it's something special. .... I just seen that today. I just shook my head .

I dont know who you are running into, but I never had that redneck issue. And believe me, they are everywhere around here.

I get what your saying ( and understand the frustration) and even hear it a lot. I just had an Alabama power worker saying he had a car like mine asked if mine had the 350 in it... but, I appreciate the interest people show in something I feel passionately about.

Here is what sparked my rant. I can't even open my garage, because next thing I know is I have someone from the neighborhood wanting to talk about it. Nothing is impressive about my cars. They want to know the story about the red 90 that is stripped to a chassis and the near stock one that I don't have much time for yet. These guys have foxes too, but their cars are kind of ragged out, and they like to peel out in the neighborhood and drive around fast and rev the engines all the time. Their cars are not fast, just loud. Them and other people will ask "is that fast" and I usually reply with "no, it's too nose heavy to be fast" and now since I have some of the weight moved i'll say that "it's too heavy to go fast" or "the suspension is not set up for making it fast yet". That usually gets the "???" look from them. I like the feel and push of a foxbody, I don't do it because I want to be apart of a social club.

Lets race then we'll talk. That's what I loved about going to the track, the conversation was much better and I learned so much more there than I ever would at a car meet or car show. That and here, some knowlegable stuff here.

Friend of mind is sort os a redneck. But hey, he knows what hes talking about. We worked on cars for ages. He's torn apart motors and rebuilt them.

I know what you're talking about though. It's those guys in the F150's or Rangers all jacked up and sportin swamper 35's. I'd get them in their truck next to me , then they'd floor it with their loud exhaust. They dont bother me. I get along with those guys just fine. What bugs me are the friggin ricers... you know.. those young guys in Hondas .. Mitsus or whatever with either chromed or blacked out wheels and a fart can.. with euro tail lights. They are the ones that annoy me. I hear them revving their motors at me... get real please! They'd be all gathered up in a parking lot around some Civic with the hood up like it's something special. .... I just seen that today. I just shook my head .

I dont know who you are running into, but I never had that redneck issue. And believe me, they are everywhere around here.
No say it isn't so in Lehigh?? :shrug: I get where you are coming from. I live in Fort Myers. This is all true, even you living all the way out by Alva area. Have you ever seen all the ricers sitting at Advance Auto just past 82 on Lee??

You think that's bad? You should try driving a classic 'Stang. Everyone and their Grandma had one, and they all have Boss 302's.:rolleyes:

Everyone walks up to my 68 and says "65 Coupe! It's got a 302! (sometimes 289) ".:nonono:

Yeah whatever.

So true. When the 67 was my daily driver, I had this happen at almost every fill up.

Them: "I had one of the first mustangs....blah blah."

Me: "Oh yeah! What year?" (Knowing what the correct answer should be)

Them: "1962 with the 427."

Me: "Yeah those were fast. Those are worth a lot of money now."

I just go along with it...sometime even have a little fun. Not worth correcting them.

I bet 1 out of 10 would correctly guess the year of my car.

Only happened to me twice so far. Neighbor down the street with a sweet Terminator Cobra said if I was ever looking for anything to come see him. Then the annoying one. The landscaper who saw my garage door open and asked about the motor swap and proceeded to tell me how it was never going to pass inspection because it wasnt the original motor. He then asked me if I wanted to sell it, then if I wanted to buy inspection stickers.
Ass clown.