I hate Winter (northern guys chime in)

Brothers in Mt Pleasant

very interesting...really. it is, I've been in in NC basically since 98 aside from the two years in Florida, and I never saw an alligator here, so I did some quick searching, and it seems as though there have been some sightings near the coast, but it's very rare to see them over by your brother's... I guess I learned something today.... and humid summers I'll give you that, it gets quite warm, but after my blood thinned out I actually got used to it, and it was actually pretty funny when I first moved down from I was amazed that everyone had central air... not exactly the norm in Buffalo :)

this is what I found on the Alligators....

Q - I am moving from Connecticut to Charlotte, North Carolina, and was wondering if alligators come as far north as Charlotte. I understand that on the coast they go almost to the Virginia border, but in all my Web searching, I cannot find where their northern inland limit is.
A - Historically, alligators were found naturally in the Carolinas as far inland as the Fall Line, which for North Carolina means mostly coastal and inland for a few miles. They actually range north of Charlotte on the coast, but do not go inland far enough to reach the Charlotte area. In the Mississippi Valley they go into northern Mississippi and Arkansas. They are also found in the southeast corner of Oklahoma and the southern parts of all the Gulf Coast states, including all of Louisiana.
One factor that confuses the geographic range issue with alligators and many other animals and plants is that people introduce them to areas far outside their natural range. The recent sighting of an alligator in a reservoir in central North Carolina and reports of alligators in even more northerly locations are a consequence of such introductions. Although alligators are unlikely to survive the winters in many northern localities, an introduced individual may persist through the summer and hence be perceived as being native to the region.

• Sponsors (?)

I like it when I start my car, it turns over slow and sht then knocks a bit as oil decides to move it's way up top. With it having an all aluminum setup, head and block, she warms up fast.

This is my nissan DD, my Notch is sleeping inside the garage under a blanky. My Nissan has to take one for the team LOL.

i learned something on the news the other day

in january we had 14 days where te temp never got above -26C (-14F) ALL day! WITHOUT the windchill, the rest of the days were around -22C (-8F) we had one day when the temp was -40F WITHOUT the windchill in the morning. most days when i woke up it was around the -31C (-23F) mark without the windchill. febuary has been pretty much the same

It's around -23 C here with the wind chill :(

I want to work on the stang so bad, but the garage is uninsulated and unheated so I can only last out there for about 5 minutes before my hands are on the verge of falling off :nonono:

And it's getting sooo close too