I have $2000 looking for 300hp and low 13's-high 12's

• Sponsors (?)

Maroon5.0 said:
hey what happend to my post, haha!!!! i thought it was what do i buy for 2000 dollars

I gave you my suggestion...and now I am moving on to someone else...LOL! Too many choices with $2000 to spend...but rember it's the most tedious things that cost money too like gaskets oil plugs etc...so whatever comes out needs to go back in with fresh stuff and your $2000 limit is now significantly less.

well i already have, head, intake, and header gaskets, arp head bolts, im possibly thinking of going with the vortech sc trim for the stock 5.0's its suppose to give me 275hp/344tq, those numbers definatley sound nice i love the tq, but i dont really know

Maroon5.0 said:
well i already have, head, intake, and header gaskets, arp head bolts, im possibly thinking of going with the vortech sc trim for the stock 5.0's its suppose to give me 275hp/344tq, those numbers definatley sound nice i love the tq, but i dont really know

I personally think that would be the most cost effective and the most out of your current combo gain that you can do...the SC-Trim is a good blower and you can always get a pulley for it once the warrenty is done and over with and out perform the S-trim and save $$$ at the same time...You will need a blow off valve and a boost timing retard if you decide to get a smaller pulley on an SC-Trim...

heres what i would do with 2 grand and ur mods.

have the gt40p heads ported, milled, and good springs + rockers. then get a buddy rawls custom ground for $305, full exhaust if u dont already have that, atleast a 3.73 gear, and definately slicks! i think a gt40p/buddy rawls/performer combo with the supoorting mods and traction could go mid to high 12s in a hatch with only a littke weight removed.

thats my .02 cents

Start off with a disclamer; i could be very wrong :shrug: What i was thinkin, could you get a 347 kit for 2k? I mean, bigger is better, so i'd think that'd get 300 hp? I'm not postive about any of this, just guesses, but i'd think if you went 347 now, you'd have a lot of options for later. One thing though that i'm not sure about is how good your current setup would handle the extra cubic inches, or if you'd need to upgrade heads, intake, and exuast too, because that'd probably push you over your 2k limit.....

just my .02
-Bart

I recently went through something similar as you but it already looks like you had a bunch of work done to your car. My suggestion is to port your heads, get that cam, roller rockers will free up some horsepower, trottlebody, mas air meter and a set of slicks. Anything short of a 347(which would be awsome) would have been done to your car then. Then again for 2K you might be able to go 347 too...
Kevin