i have a check engine light issue

nakednipple

Apr 18, 2005
my check engine light came on from chaing my exhaust, which i knew this would happen because i put on a catless exhaust with out any 02 deletes to stop the codes. ok so then my codes came on right and i had them checked just for my own peace of mind and it read mass air flow meter along with a few 02 sensor codes. so i relpaced the mass air flow sensor and put on so 02 deletes and had the ligh turned off again so i didnt have to wait for it to go off it's self. then later that next day it came back on.. had it checked again and it was mass air flow meter again !!!! but no 02 sensor codes... so that part is good but what the hell is wrong with my air flow meter... ( i had the whole unit changed..) i dont know what it is...i did a whole tune up before i decided to change my air flow meter just in case what was happening could be contributed to that.. any ideas?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Having a code that has to do with the MAF and then just replacing the MAF doesnt necessarily mean you actually fixed the problem. There may have been nothing wrong at all with the unit, but you replaced it. You need to be sure the whole circuit is good too. Would help to know what the code was.

sorry for my stupidity the code is P1132 and the ticket autozone printed for me reads "Lack of HO2S switch- sensor indicates rich"

i have 02 deletes on the car and no o2 codes are flashed

thanks for your help

Ok, wait a second. That code isn't necessarily MAF related.

After reading your first post again, you said one of your codes without MIL elims was MAF related. If you're talking about the P1132 code, I'd say that's o2 sensor wiring related.

When you swapped midpipes, did you have to extend the drivers side o2 sensor wiring? If so, recheck it. Also, I'd double check the o2 sensors themselves for tightness, and check the wiring of all 4 sensors for burns.

hmm... you have a nice point there.. what i ment to say is when i changed the mid pipe i knew id throw codes ( cuz i hadnt bought my MIL yet) so i did it and it threw a code (expected) id figured it would be all 02 related ( there is where my stupidity shows) so i replace the MAS sensor when it threw that code, and put on my MIL's. went to autozone had them turn off the codes and it came on the next day after like 15-20 of driving. had it checked again at autozone and all the 02 codes are gone and the MAS P1132 is there... had it turned off AGAIN and it came back AGAIN...

P.S-- i had to replace one of my o2 sensors b/c it broke while installing the midpipe.... (i drove around with a broke 02 sensor for about a month or so until i replaced it after doing the MAS sensor -and obviously before the MIL's)

you say its the wires maybe? it couldnt be the fact that one 02 is new and the other old could it? how should i pin point it to wires?

thanks !

ok I see a little confusion going on in this thread and I have to jump in and clear it up

that code p1132 is for bank 1 upstream 02 sensor lack of switch sensor indiactes rich.

this has NOTHING to do with your mil elims, the mil elims have nothing to do wiht the upstream 02's ( the sensors closest to the manifolds) the mile elims connect to the rear monitor 02's

find a way to get live data and look at the long term fuel trims for bank 1 and bank2 and report back.