I have a question

• Sponsors (?)

Not with out mods. I think you can just plug the big TB bolt holes up with JB weld etc and drill new ones for it to match the 2.3L(T) intake studs. Then I believe you need to grind on the opening of the upper intake to finnish bolting it on. I'm not sure but the 2.3s TPS may not work on the bigger TB unless you use some longer screws to be able to adjust it. There is a adaptor plug that you can buy from Ford motor sport to allow to you to plug a newer style TPD up to your 2.3L wireing harness. Its around 30.00 bux though.

P.S. You may try runiing a search on this stuff next time since its been mentioned a million times :D

Noooo....'87-93 5.0 TB's DO NOT fit. They had the IAC on top of the throttle body, with the linkage facing the firewall, so in order for them to work on the 2.3L you'd have to flip them over which would put the IAC facing the valve cover and there isn't enough room there. THe only ones that fit are '94-95 Mustang GT throttle bodies, or Super Coupe throttle bodies. And trust me, even they take a good bit of work. (you have to drill new holes in the throttle body, port out the intake to the size of the new TB, and make modifications for the TPS.

Also I doubt the gains on a n/a 2.3L would be worth the work.

Red_LX said:
Noooo....'87-93 5.0 TB's DO NOT fit. They had the IAC on top of the throttle body, with the linkage facing the firewall, so in order for them to work on the 2.3L you'd have to flip them over which would put the IAC facing the valve cover and there isn't enough room there. THe only ones that fit are '94-95 Mustang GT throttle bodies, or Super Coupe throttle bodies. And trust me, even they take a good bit of work. (you have to drill new holes in the throttle body, port out the intake to the size of the new TB, and make modifications for the TPS.

:bang: I was thinking of the 94-95' TBs and not the fox body TBs.

Thanks Red :D Ya basicaly what I said it whats done to adapt a 94-95's GT TB to a 2.3L give or take.

Red_LX said:
THe only ones that fit are '94-95 Mustang GT throttle bodies, or Super Coupe throttle bodies. And trust me, even they take a good bit of work. (you have to drill new holes in the throttle body, port out the intake to the size of the new TB, and make modifications for the TPS.

What about a TB from a 2001 4.6L? I have one of those lying around so I thought I'd ask.

WES