I have one T3 Turbo, Could I Modify one header for low boost?

Starscream88

Mar 8, 2003
Park Ridge NJ
Ok,

I have a real nice T3,

what I want to know is could I just modify one header and bolt the turbo on that?

I dont need mad HP gains, about the same as a 5-6 psi blower HP gain,

Would it work?
I know your "supposed" to link both the headers. blah blah,
but "Would" it work even if it didnt produce that much HP?

• Sponsors (?)

A t3 is much too small. The only thing you will be doing is heating up the air before it enters the engine. That size turbo, just cannot move enough air to feed the engine. I'm not even sure you would get any boost. You would also imbalance the engine, since one bank will have more restriction than the other. Both headers must go to one turbo if you do a single. 2 t3's is enough for a 5.0, not one.

Looks like you want cheap HP. But you have to be realistic in order for it to work. If you can even weld, or have access to use a welder while putting the pieces on the engine, then you could consider JYTT. Otherwise just save your money ;)

ive know plenty people to have one turbo and use one exhaust header ..and how would a turbo not make boost comon also if he uses a intecooler how would it be hot air i didnt say there would be a huge gain he asked if he can do it and the ansewer is yes maybe not much of a gain but he can still do it truefuly it would be a waist of time and money but he might not want a big gain

Well Ill have to look for its twin then

The thing is I just want a quick streetable car

I dont want a 10 second nutcase,

and I have a set of AFR heads on there way

So N/A HP with all my mods whould be in the 300 range right?

With twin turbo it would take that sky high and put huge stress on my tranny and other components,
I dont want that :(

Mabey ill sell this little bugger and save for a blower,
Just seems such a waste as I can get another turbo for $50,
Probably less, I only paid $25 for this one,
I had to re-build it but thats only 40 mins work lol
I can weld, and I have a welder, and the cost for twin turbo would be about an extra $400, To figure injectors and fuel pump,

the lowest spec Blower goes for $1700 :(
Thats a lotta cash

If I ran 5 psi each turbo, and I went twin turbo,
What power would I be looking at with my mods and AFR heads instead of my GT-40's?
Id run less boost if my Tranny and traction were gonna be an issue,
I just miss that amazing sound of a turbo,
Every car I have ever had has been turbocharged,

Starscream88 said:
If I ran 5 psi each turbo, and I went twin turbo,
What power would I be looking at with my mods and AFR heads instead of my GT-40's?
Id run less boost if my Tranny and traction were gonna be an issue,
I just miss that amazing sound of a turbo,
Every car I have ever had has been turbocharged,

Why are you stressing so much? Just plumb the twin turbo setup and you can control the boost electronically from the drivers seat with a boost controller. The blow off valve will discharge anymore boost than you dont want. Heck you could set it at 5.3223232 lbs of boost or 5.5343 it dont matter.

yeah you have to know what there set at and just because there the same ones the waste gates might not be the same ie turbo from a dsm 11 psi stock turbo from a 300zx 8psi stock you have to have a boost controller