I have taken one step towards the dark side...

Rootus

Officially Addicted
Feb 8, 2003
Portland, Oregon
Muhahahaha!

Just kidding. Not. This is definitely not a Mustang :D.

I'm pretty fickle, but eventually I do make a decision. For sure the Cobra is for sale (already got a couple buyers lined up). And the '95 is paid off, and perhaps going to stick around for the indefinite future (no reason to sell it anytime soon, since there's no car payment!). So here you go, Dave's new daily driver:

front_right.jpg

back_right.jpg

back_left.jpg

It ain't nearly so fast as the Cobra, and never will be, but it makes me giggle like a schoolgirl when I go around corners. :D

Dave

P.S. The front end is not nearly as hideous in person as it is in the pictures.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, the wing is pretty huge. And it's situated very well to block just what you want to be able to see when you look in the rearview mirror (I'm kinda surprised they got that one past the feds). But in a sick sorta way, the wing is already growing on me. It's so juvenile. And yet, it's absolutely part of the personality of the car.

GRGT1994-- ya know, there is a carbon fiber version of the wing that looks even better :jester:. $1500. Youch!

There is a company that makes a very small spoiler for it, kinda like a ducktail actually. I'd have to see it in person, though, the pictures I've seen make it look a little strange.

Dave

You used to be able to get the WRX without any wing, don't know about the STi version though.

Kidding aside, that car would rock as a DD. I would love to have one of those, or maybe a Forrester XT - which would be a hell of a sleeper.

I like everything about those cars except for the wierd looking grill.

I've also rediscovered the joy of driving a good handling car out some curvy backroads with my new car, so I can kinda understand trading the mustang for that. Good luck with it! :nice:

Pokageek said:
"My friend had an 04' sti and he'd continuously walk me pretty hard."

No wonder, look at your mods man-some big gaps and mismatched parts. GTO is nice, heavy though at 3800 pounds.

What's mismatched? Nothing...It's mostly a stock cobra that I haven't done anything major to enginewise. :flag:

Nik_95Cobra said:
What's mismatched? Nothing...It's mostly a stock cobra that I haven't done anything major to enginewise. :flag:

Sorry, I just read that again and I didn't mean that as bad as it sounded. :rolleyes: I meant your car is basically stock with some additional parts on it. :hail2: :flag:

BTW, does anyone experienced think you can greatly improve mustang handling with swaybars and stuff? Up to the level of sti? My car is way lacking in that area with the stock suspension. I would have thought it a little better with the 17' 245's. I used to have a new body style z28 and it was one of the best handling cars with the sports suspension. Dunno how that differs from my stang though..

Pokageek said:
I used to have a new body style z28 and it was one of the best handling cars with the sports suspension.

:bs: I've driven SS's and Z28's, they handled like a freaking cruise ship, lol. What is the sports suspension? Is that the factory upgrade? Cus even the factory upgrade is not that great (to me anyways).

Sway bars will do a little, but the best gain for handling is gained from subframe connectors. Full length, welded, with seat brackets. Then throw on some lowering springs with new shock/struts, and the stang will handle a lot better. The sway bars don't do a whole lot, but it is noticeable. The only reason I replaced mine was because my rear broke.

I have Eibach Pro-Kit springs, KYB shocks/struts, custom full length subframe connectors, Eibach sway bars, pro3i upper/lower control arms, and my stang handles 10000x better than any f-body I've driven. I've never driven an STI so I don't know how it compares to one of those, but it corners very well for a 3600lb vert.