35th Anniv I just picked one up....

Discussion in 'Special Production' started by QuickCapri83, Mar 5, 2006.

1. QuickCapri83

QuickCapri83 New Member

I posted in the 4.6 talk about it, but I figured since it's pretty dead in here I'd post up some pic's. It's cherry 1 owner and low miles, I paid about 9k.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Roush cold air and magnaflow exhaust. Other than that stocker!
    While at the dealership someone stole the paneling off the rear I have it ordered tho.
  2. VOORHEES

VOORHEES Stangnet's "35th Limited Edition" VIN Guy Mod Dude

Sweet, now you just need to replace the rear applique'
  3. 35th Anniv LE

35th Anniv LE Member

Nice! Red seems to be the color of choice!
  4. Red9935thGT

Red9935thGT Member

That sucks about the rear honeycomb panel. What is low mileage though? How many miles does it have?
  5. T8ERS

T8ERS Member

Welcome to the ranks! :nice:
  6. QuickCapri83

QuickCapri83 New Member

58k miles. For me, for a stang, that's very low. But, i'm too used to the 5.0, I have alot to learn about the sn95 and the 4.6. Thankfully I have the'99, I was pretty disgusted the first time I drove a '98 stang GT. Big difference they did a good job with the heads and all, on the 99+ 4.6.

So yeah i'm a newb to sn95 period, and new to the ohc too, im sooo used to ohv I could rip apart my motor and throw it back together in a day, ofcourse that doesnt include picking the motor and putting back in.

Any advice for me, for my 35th?

One thing i've noticed, the power is inconsistent, just like my 5.0's I had. But with them, they just wanted to be cool, and they'd run great.

The newer cars I guess are made to run hotter, better for emissions or whatever, but...I dunno it's like one minute It feels like a cobra, and the next a stock fox stang or something. Although on the highway it is always consistent, 3rd through 5th it pulls strong as hell all the time....

I've ordered a magnaflow magnapac and a roush cold air. Hopefully they'll help some.

Overall im happy with it, it's certainly stronger than the 5.0, and from what i've read, and understood, the 4.6 seems a far more reliable engine also.

But i'm sure it's not like a 5L where I blow a head gasket and 4 hours later i'm driving again....LOL ......yes, sometimes i'd just throw the heads right back on, not even have them checked.