i just sprayed for the first time after the headswap, all i can say is HOLY CRAP!!!

i have been waiting for this moment for a long time and i can definately say that it has been well worth it, this is the first time that i have sprayed since i done the headswap and put the longtubes and prochamber on!
the car is an animal on spray, i can now rape the tires going into 4th gear, however, now my car is idling weird, it is ideling at around 1000rpm and jumping like i have a bad spark plug wire or something, could the plugs be shot already after one bottle? i just put the plugs in there 4 days ago and i just sprayed through about 3/4 bottle about an hour ago. the plugs are autolite 103's gapped at 34, and my timming was at 10 on my steeda timing adjuster.
btw, the car pulls like hell until it reaches about 5400rpm's and then it seemed like it was flooding or something, my bottle pressure was around 850-900psi.

any comments or suggestions would be appriciated!

• Sponsors (?)

help

Red2000GT said:
Everything sounds good but you're running out of pressure on the top end. I'd bet on a vaccuum leak,causing a rich condition. Does it happen even when not using the nitrous?

I lost my icon for "New Thread" so I cant ask anything....what happened??

I would check the plugs , with your compression , unless you took out some material from the combustion chamber of the head , you are running way too much compression for that much timing and spraying it , i would drop back to 6 degrees for that much juice and change the plugs , should be fine after that , probably melted one of the plugs while spraying is what your idle problem is

2002BLGT said:
I would check the plugs , with your compression , unless you took out some material from the combustion chamber of the head , you are running way too much compression for that much timing and spraying it , i would drop back to 6 degrees for that much juice and change the plugs , should be fine after that , probably melted one of the plugs while spraying is what your idle problem is

:stupid:

Agreed.

i know i have a blower , but believe me ive got alot of friends that use the jug ,especially the 5.0 guys around here , i know what timing and compression can do to a spark plug , and head gaskets , and pistons , just keep it safe and you will be fine , back that timing off , might even take it down to 4 degrees .

well, i just pulled out the plugs at lunch time and all of them still look brand new, but, the #1 cylinder plug (the one on the passenger side closest to the front of the car) was wet on the threads but that could just be because it rain yesterday afternoon, but it did feel kinda like oil. could that be something bad?
as far as the ideling problem, i backed off the set screw and it now idels perfect?

96mustang_james said:
well, i just pulled out the plugs at lunch time and all of them still look brand new, but, the #1 cylinder plug (the one on the passenger side closest to the front of the car) was wet on the threads but that could just be because it rain yesterday afternoon, but it did feel kinda like oil. could that be something bad?
as far as the ideling problem, i backed off the set screw and it now idels perfect?

the bottom rings on the non forged pistons are common things to give way under pressure , so keep your fingers crossed , might wanna check the compression on all your cylinders to make sure they are even

the plug was wet on the threads, not the ground strap electrode or the porceline, they all looked fine, but that plug was pretty loose in the hole when i went to take it out so i dont know??? the car is running and idling fine now as far as i can tell.

wouldnt the car miss really bad if you messed up a piston or a ring???

96mustang_james said:
the plug was wet on the threads, not the ground strap electrode or the porceline, they all looked fine, but that plug was pretty loose in the hole when i went to take it out so i dont know??? the car is running and idling fine now as far as i can tell.

wouldnt the car miss really bad if you messed up a piston or a ring???

Yes, it would, and you would be blowing smoke out the exhaust. You are probably A-OK. :nice: