I just want to drive my car, sorry have to vent

bdazzgt

I had to jerk off the cable to get it to stop.
Dec 27, 2005
Springfield MO
So i posted a little bit back about my alternator overcharging and frying my battery, so i finally get all my new parts ie: battery, alternator, wiring, cables. Yesterday i decide to tear into it. As i get into working on it I see more and more wires are melted. The starter wire was melted, grounds were melted, both battery cables, and the ends of a few harness wires. I get them all replaced and put them back on the solenoid tighten the nut down then the solenoid busts into two pieces and the terminal comes off in my hand....so im like FML :mad: back to O'Rilleys I go to get another solenoid. I get there and they cant find the warranty. Finally after they find it i get back home and get it all assembled. I go to start the car to take it on a test drive. The solenoid stuck open so I open the door quickly and for some reason it catches the fender and basically peels a 6'' strip of paint off the door down to the primer (I just painted my car a few months ago). I cant find my wrench so i pry my brand new cable apart to keep the car from frying my starter and draining my new battery. I wish people would sell decent parts and i wouldnt have to go through this. Thanks for listening i will post pictures tomorrow....

• Sponsors (?)

Geeze dude, that sucks. My day didn't go so well for me either yesterday. Just gotta stick with it. Make sure that wrench isn't sitting somewhere where it'll cause problems later on.

I feel your pain. Just keep in mind that your car is how old now? Fix Or Repair Daily. Sounds like that bad alternator fried everything. Just be glad your computer is still good.

POS parts store parts. I put a neverlast waterpump on mine from autozone and it seems fine but I'm watching it all the time. I got a cheapo because I wasn't sure it would work (different setup) but I'll tell you... I worry.

If you go to a parts store, make sure it's NAPA. I know it stands for Never Any Parts Available BUT when you do get them they are usually good. Their oil filters are the only really good store brand oil filters there are. Yes autozone always has it in stock, because they just repaint the cores I think. I mean, they do have a partswasher back there for a reason.

This was the one where the battery swelled? Man, that's a bunch of wasted stuff. Much worse than once thought. We've all had days like that. My day sucked yesterday too, spent lots of unneeded money.

Yes its the one with the battery, new battery, alternator and wiring. Today i go to start it and it did the same thing with the new solenoid. I replaced the ignition switch didnt help so im lost i dont know what else to replace. I wired up a toggle switch and it should help. I am going to get the battery terminal shut off tomorrow good idea. Im done for today. My next quest is fix the paint chip on the door. S&B I took a super long stare at the for sale sign today.......but i just couldnt bring myself to do it. I just walked away