I know,I know

cougar5.0

Founding Member
Nov 23, 2000
N.W Ohio
i know I hav heard it 100 times that there are better cams then the ford alphas. But if it were the only 2 cam around and you had to choose a cam to throw in your stang for a drag race which would you choose,the E cam or the B cam. The reason I ask is I have one of each I can get for next to nothing and I am flat ass broke,but want better then stock cam. So what one would you pick and why.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The E making more power??? Maby down low but the B will make more up top. The E is probally better for a daily driver and better overall cam but your talking about a cam for a drag race and in that case B is better. The B is more agressive because it has more durration but not quite the lift, the E makes .18 more lift but lacks 4* durration at .050. I have the B cam with 1.7RR's so mine puts down .510 lift, it is also advanced 2* so it has plenty of bottom end, no drivability problems, I can do 2nd gear starts fine. 4K rpm and up it really comes in strong.

No money... broke.... Free!! I agree w90mustang the B is a healthier cam !! ( bigger duration) I would do the B, install it in at 105* c/line, and rock!! as the money comes in, do a set of 1.7 rockers and increase the lift !! Now... you have a good cam first.... and a better cam later with the 1.7s !! Note: Dont buy POS rockers.. they will be more trouble than the money you saved!! cool??

Merry Christmas....

Just me...............................

Thumper