I know there's someone in here that works at a paint store

Therian

The Highlander
Founding Member
Apr 21, 2002
Waterloo, Ontario
I need to do a cheapo rattle can paint job on my Audi bumpers in a pearl white colour. I can't afford to have a body shop spray it, as it will be atleast $750 (not inculding prep).

So what do I have as options? Is there even a pearl white available in a spray can?

• Sponsors (?)

automotivetouchup.com has rattle cans for $19.95 each...FWIW, my uncle built a custom Jeep and rattle-canned the dash with those paints to match the body color, and it came out MINT! I highly recomment it:nice: :nice:

I was gonna post this site too. You can get any color you need.

But I would suggest getting a high quality clear. And put it on thick. Possibly wetsanding and buffing if needed.

automotivetouchup.com has rattle cans for $19.95 each...FWIW, my uncle built a custom Jeep and rattle-canned the dash with those paints to match the body color, and it came out MINT! I highly recomment it:nice: :nice:

Thanks Michael. I actually found them too. Unfortunately, due to the pearlescent paint, the rattle can for me is $40.

I might just paint the one bumper, and wait on the rear until I respray the entire car.

Should be able to get by with 2 cans for an entire bumper, right? :shrug:

I suppose I will need primer, that adhesive crap for bumpers, and the clear coat too. damn :bang:

at my auto store we do automotive paints we can mix paint and put it into cans i suguest going around to parts stores and seeing if they have this option...i think a ball park idea is like 20-25 bucks for dupont chromabase put into a spray bomb... cheaper paints are cheaper price but you get what you pay for and doing spray cans on a bumper sounds like a PITA i hope it works out for you