I love my 88

RYC CUKR

Founding Member
May 19, 2002
Orlando
Just took my 88 out for a little drive and I just realized how much I truly enjoy driving it. Its not my DD so it only really gets driven on the weekends.

I will be 33 this August and I just realized today that when I get behind the wheel of that car I feel like I have gone back to being 20 years old and driving my first 5.0. Kinda like a mini time machine I guess. Back when I really didn't have any big headaches at work, or having to pay house payments, big car payments and such. Back when my life was much simpler.

Maybe I will have to take her out more often just to drive. Not run errands but just to drive around.

Just wondered if anyone else ever got the same type of feeling?

• Sponsors (?)

I turned 40 in November. Know exactly how you feel. Everything is right with the world in my 5.0. Even in parts, its still the best place in the world (besides being with my kids). Feels just like it did in 1988, don't it? Only without so much grunge or rap! How many miles didya put on going absolutely nowhere? Many as me?

i would do the same with the 92.. i'd take it on a country cruise on the back roads.. roll along windows down.. stereo off.. me and the car.. at about dusk.. sun right below the tops of the trees.. it was what calmed me down if i was stressed out

i would do the same with the 92.. i'd take it on a country cruise on the back roads.. roll along windows down.. stereo off.. me and the car.. at about dusk.. sun right below the tops of the trees.. it was what calmed me down if i was stressed out

When I get pissed I drive it calms me too. I absolutely love night driving, noone on the road and its cooler out... perfection!

But I don't know about the being in 88 thing as I was born in 89 :D

I love driving at night when theres not many people out on the road and just turn the music off and listen to the all the noises of the trans, fuel pump, rockers, exhaust.....

Nothing else gets me like when Im sitting there by myself at the traffic light of a 6 lane intersection loping away at night, it feels like the fox is prowling the streets..

I love driving at night when theres not many people out on the road and just turn the music off and listen to the all the noises of the trans, fuel pump, rockers, exhaust.....

Nothing else gets me like when Im sitting there by myself at the traffic light of a 6 lane intersection loping away at night, it feels like the fox is prowling the streets..

Yup, I love the night driving too, for me it is the best time to test out my new modifications:D

Same for me, I only drive it once or twice a week so it fun to turn the key and hear the rumble.

I picked up a buddy the one day on the way to work in the 5.0 (most mornings our carpool is filled with bitching and complaining about work).....so he gets in and we take off, mind you he knows nothing about cars. So he says to me "you really love this car don't you" i just smiled and nodded. It must be apparent to anyone around me how I feel about this car and the vibe i must put off when i drive its. Just a good warm feeling!

I took the cover off last night put some new brakes on her and drove her home from my friends house where i store it for the winter......My wife came outside with a big smile, she was happy cause she realizes how much i love driving this car.
The end!

nothing beats a cruise in a 5.0. hands down the best you can get. the sound the feel. like the other guys said takes you back to a simplier time or washes away your worries. in the last year been through alot of crap only thing to cheer me up is the ole 5.0 waiting out front for me always happy to cruise.........

Always ready to cruise, ain't that the truth. Even when its broke, like a real good friend who needs help, or when one of your kids is sick, you can't do enough to help it, cause its always there for you. Cruising in somebody elses car, no matter what it is, just doesn't feel right. Gotta have mine!

Same here - every time time I back out of the garage (to run any errand I can dream up), I know I'm going to put a big grin on my face . I've been working on my '88 GT for eight years and my neighbor wants to know when I'm going to be done with the mods. My answer? When the world runs out of Saturday nights, country roads and the sweet sound of a 5.0 pony on the run.