I love new projects!

WantaGT

Jul 13, 2003
ohio
Hey guys, I just bought a new project. It's an 86 GT and can be seen in this link http://www.racingjunk.com/post/880035/1986-Mustang-GT-Race-Ready-Rolling-Chassis-.html. I ended up getting it for less. It seems like a good start for a really fast street/strip, or at least after I dump the spool! LOL. Oh well, I just wanted to share my excitement. Oh by the way, is there any way to eliminate the scoop? I like the cowl, just not the scoop.

• Sponsors (?)

nice, what are your powerplant plans? As for the scoop, how is it held on? Im assuming its not just for show and the cowl has a big hole in it... if thats the case, you're probably better off just buying a new cowl hood. If it is for show and its bolted on or taped/glued, whatever, just remove it, fill the holes and patch the paint.

Yeah, there is a hole. Oh well it'll get axed eventually. Power plant is going to be a 410ci windsor with RHS 215cc heads backed by a C4. This car is light so it should go 10's pretty easy (at least that's the plan!). I need to move the seats back, I went to sit in it and I barely fit LOL (6'2'', 265) because I'm a big guy.

Yeah this car will definately test my skills LOL, I am only 20 but this will be the thrid car I have built. This is by far the most incomplete though. I am confident I can get it done though. I'm going to start on the interior because it's the easiest and cheapest then work to the rest. Since the rear suspension is done I'll have a little cash to put a tubular k-member and a-arms. This car shouldn't wiegh a whole lot at all which excites me. Thanks for the interest guys!

Pics

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php