i love this pic

25thmustang said:
Car looks very nice, but the front and rear rims dont really look right together. Almost like your running an 18" rim out back with a lower profile tire and a 17" rim up front with more sidewall. Not knocking it at all, just my opinion on the rim thing.

Thats what he is running 18 out back 17 up front

• Sponsors (?)

I love this pics....this car is sex on wheels!:nice:

picture_004.jpg

That explains it, needs more rear sidewall IMO! With the same or more sidewall on the rear tires it would look a ton better...

Sirsureshots car is one of the nicest cars I have seen. I LOVE the Saleen body kit, and those rims and such just work perfect on that car!

CarFreakGT said:
Great car. I really like it. Only thing is: I like the wheels, but there is something just a little off to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's something with the wheel size/tire size/ride height. Maybe the rear end is a little too high, or the rear tires are too low of a profile for my taste.

the rear is a little too high, not sure if it all the weight i took off or the stiff control arms jacking the back up a little. i have to get it down just a hair to make it right. or go to a 275/35 when these tires are gone.

stprorolla49 said:
that has been my desktop for a while sweet car man, and i LOVE the wheels

what, the car?

JohnnyGMachine said:
I think the back wheels are either flush or come out just past the lip. Then the back tires are "ballooned" in by fitting a tire slightly small for the wheel. It looks decent but I'm a little fanatical about fitment of wheel and tire combinations. If a tire or wheel comes out past the lip it just doesn't look right. Looks like it'd have rubbing issues?

John
i dont think they are "ballooned in. :shrug:
Picture027.jpg

the car definitely needs to have a few changes made, but there was no info on how to make all this work, since i dont know of anyone else running these wheels on a Fox. but it is a learning experience. so now if i cant get the back down i will just step up a tires size. for the record, there is absolutely no rubbing any where in this combo.

Attachments

• Picture027.jpg
    Picture027.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 64
I love the Blue over Titanium. Those wheels are perfect for that color combo but I am slightly biased. I saved the picture, THANKS!

(My Dad bought a 1990 GT in that same combo back in 1989)

shorty1993,

Your car looks sweet! What tire size are your running with the 17x8 Boyds and Eibach Pro Kit? Do you have any rubbing problems?

I want to put the same wheels on my black '89 GT, but Im planning a 5-lug conversion this winter and have to wait until then. I looked at the Boyds for the 1989 4-lug and it said the backspacing is 20mm, but then I looked for the 1994 5-lug and it said the backspacing was 24mm....will they still fit my car alright with a 5-lug conversion?

Thanks.

dbdragracing said:
shorty1993,

Your car looks sweet! What tire size are your running with the 17x8 Boyds and Eibach Pro Kit? Do you have any rubbing problems?

I want to put the same wheels on my black '89 GT, but Im planning a 5-lug conversion this winter and have to wait until then. I looked at the Boyds for the 1989 4-lug and it said the backspacing is 20mm, but then I looked for the 1994 5-lug and it said the backspacing was 24mm....will they still fit my car alright with a 5-lug conversion?

Thanks.

235/45/17 up front
265/35/18 in the rear

go with a 275/35/18 in the rear and it will be perfect. that is what i plan to do.