I might get my stang back

91_4ourBanger

Feb 8, 2004
Well a while back my 91 2.3 n/a mustang died. And i just graduated high school, instead of getting a new car I asked my parents for $5,000 to put into my mustang. Its wrecked in the front and the transmission is shot. Other than that its a good car i suppose. Well i know for sure i want to go the 2.3Turbo route. But I dont know who to call to rebuild an engine and/or turbo. Am i supposed to just call a machine shop? How much does an engine rebuild usually cost? And would it ok to bore the cylinders over .030

• Sponsors (?)

do you have a 2.3 Turbo motor already?
Most 2.3T blocks clean up without boring .30 over...so you would need a shop to check out the block before you have to think about that.

Basicly any "machine" shop should be able to do the work your looking for.

Take this with a word of caution though, most shops will order the wrong replacment pistons if you have the motor rebuilt by them. So pick out what you can afford/want and purchase them.....After you find what size your looking for (stock bore, .05 , .015 etc )

thanks, for the advise, I havent even gotten the money for my project yet. Actually i just discussed it with my parents a few days ago, im just really excited to get my stang back on the road. Ever since i got my car ive wanted to fix it up really nice, and now i might actually have the money to do exactly what i am. i feel like a kid at Christmas. Any other advise?

91_4ourBanger said:
thanks, for the advise, I havent even gotten the money for my project yet. Actually i just discussed it with my parents a few days ago, im just really excited to get my stang back on the road. Ever since i got my car ive wanted to fix it up really nice, and now i might actually have the money to do exactly what i am. i feel like a kid at Christmas. Any other advise?
use common sense when you picking out your parts try to get the most for your money dont just buy on inpulse try to research your parts that you want. For one if you dont you could over pay way to much. $5000 can go along way if you budget it and do alittle research. :lol:

91_4ourBanger said:
i feel like a kid at Christmas.

I would too :D

You could get a great fox body mustang for that much. (and still have money left over to play with)

That takes the whole fun of fixing it up yourself though.

Really with that kind of money you could save some time/work and just buy an already rebuilt engine and turbo. If you post in the wanted thread at turboford.org you should be able to find what you need. Be careful of the offers though - they are not always good deals.