I need 5.0 help!

My buddy Jacob just got a 85' carbed 5.0. It was originally a 4-cyl and still has the stock radiator and tranny. It has a beefed up rear end but whatever auto tranny came stock with 85's is still in it. His dad said he wanted to drop a t-5 in it. is this the best choice? he has a standard ford 302 in it with moroso engine upgrades (i believe heads) as well as an upgraded distributor. what parts will give him the biggest bang for his buck?

• Sponsors (?)

a t5 will definatly make a seat of the pants difference. and there are way to many variables and parts choices to tell him what works good.

and the moroso stuff is prolly an oil pan nad valve covers.

Moroso doesn't make heads. They make oil pans.

The '85 engine is similar to the 87+ engines. The heads are nearly identical. I beleive the '85's are lower compression.

A t-5 will wake it up, but next on that list would be to ditch the fake dual exhaust and convert to an 1986-later true dual exhaust setup.

After that, i would think about a good camshaft, intake manifold and possibly a set of heads. Toss some 3.55's or 3.73's out back with an MGW shifter and have fun ;)