i need a new DD to take to college

• Sponsors (?)

just as the title says. the thing is i want another mustang. i want a newer one(99-04) gt of course. i jusy wanna know what you guys would think about this.

You get sick of having two Mustangs and one as a DD. The fun lasts for a year or so, then you just get bored.

Get something different. It makes you appreciate your Mustang when you do drive it.

I'm in the process of selling my '03 GT so i can buy a G35 sedan as a DD

Driving a Mustang daily would be fun i think. Would i do it? No probably not. Simply because of gas mileage. And also because you'd be replacing tires more then you would with a normal car:rolleyes: Just maintance stuff like that, it adds up.

I go to Florida State university. I have an 89 GT, a 99 Dodge dakota that is lowered 2/3 with 17in wheels and a sound system, v6 auto, ac and a great DD. I just bought a motorcycle a week ago as well to drive to school, a 2008 hyosung GT250R with 11 miles on it. You cant argue with 60 miles a gallon.

Do it. It was a reliable car for me. Other than oil and other maintainence costs, i never had a prob with it. Always started, drove nice, got attention. I replaced the tires at 40K, but that's typical for the stock POS goodyears. No real probs. I'm only selling mine because i'm bored with it and want a lux car

You get sick of having two Mustangs and one as a DD. The fun lasts for a year or so, then you just get bored.

Get something different. It makes you appreciate your Mustang when you do drive it.

I'm in the process of selling my '03 GT so i can buy a G35 sedan as a DD

JERK...:) I have always wanted a G35...:mad:

I do however have two stangs and I dont get tired of my 98 DD, although it is a v6 its lowered w/wheels and tiers and is a ton of fun to drive and I get app 24 mpg on average with my 50 mile commute... its a thought!

If you are going to college, get an econobox. Something you won't cry about if it gets dinged or broken into because it will probably happen. A used Civic, Corolla or Integra come to mind as very reliable and can be had for relatively cheap and get good gas mileage. I have a 92 corolla and I don't think twice if it gets dinged. Its had its window smashed in once and it costed 125 bucks to replace but the damn thing won't die. Granted its far from being a sexy beast but it gets me to point A to point B with no problems. On a college budget that's something you should consider. Pocket the rest of the money for a rainy day or parts for your 5.0. Oh yeah... Insurance for your age group and type of car is something to look into too. I almost bought a used 3rd gen R1 rx7 when I was 20 and the insurance would cost me the same as the car payment with no accidents or tickets on my record.
Kevin