I need a paint Job....

Blue91GT

Oct 2, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys, I am in the Atlanta area and need a paint job on my 91 GT. If anyone knows of something local that does good work and won't cost me $4k please let me know! :shrug:

Thanks~

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 135
  • mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 128
  • Sponsors (?)

If you've got about $300 to blow, I'd also recommend doing all the prep work, yourself, and then driving it on down to a Maaco for a spray. Don't bother with the super-duper-awesome paint of theirs with the clearcoat mixed in (sounds like a goofy concept to me, in the first place), just get the basic enamel. You'll have to stay on top of keeping it clean and waxed just like you would with an old-time car back in the days before clear coat, but it'll shine up nice and last.

OR ... you could always do the Rustoleum thing. No, c'mon ... quit laughing, I'm serious. Done properly, you can throw on a good paintjob yourself without even needing a paint booth for less than $100. Do a Google on "Rustoleum paintjob" and you'll probably find that site where the guy painted his Corvair with a patient, calculated method and got some AWESOME results. Me, I did the Rustoleum paintjob on my own before I even knew anyone else had tried it, and I got fair results from just rolling it on right outta the can; after I learned that thinning it 50/50 not only helps it level out better but also makes it cures MUCH faster, I did Frankenstang's Capri with it and got even better results (just looks bad in the parts where we did a half-assed job with sanding primer and not filling some rough spots in with putty). I plan to redo the paint on my notch sometime either this fall or in the spring, but I'll still be using Rustoleum. What the hell, I've still got half a gallon left... :nice:

:bang: I have heard way too many horror stories about Maaco paint jobs, especially the local atlanta area one's! I think I will just check around some reputable shops and see what I come up with! Thanks anyways!

And as far as doing it myself, i just don't trust my baby to anyone, especially not me! I dont have any experience with paintwork, and unless I have someone there with me that does, wouldn't wanna press my luck with my stang!

:bang:

:bang: I have heard way too many horror stories about Maaco paint jobs, especially the local atlanta area one's! I think I will just check around some reputable shops and see what I come up with! Thanks anyways!

And as far as doing it myself, i just don't trust my baby to anyone, especially not me! I dont have any experience with paintwork, and unless I have someone there with me that does, wouldn't wanna press my luck with my stang!

:bang:

here the good thing about body work...if you mess up...you sand it off and try it again...

If you've got about $300 to blow, I'd also recommend doing all the prep work, yourself, and then driving it on down to a Maaco for a spray. Don't bother with the super-duper-awesome paint of theirs with the clearcoat mixed in (sounds like a goofy concept to me, in the first place), just get the basic enamel. You'll have to stay on top of keeping it clean and waxed just like you would with an old-time car back in the days before clear coat, but it'll shine up nice and last.

OR ... you could always do the Rustoleum thing. No, c'mon ... quit laughing, I'm serious. Done properly, you can throw on a good paintjob yourself without even needing a paint booth for less than $100. Do a Google on "Rustoleum paintjob" and you'll probably find that site where the guy painted his Corvair with a patient, calculated method and got some AWESOME results. Me, I did the Rustoleum paintjob on my own before I even knew anyone else had tried it, and I got fair results from just rolling it on right outta the can; after I learned that thinning it 50/50 not only helps it level out better but also makes it cures MUCH faster, I did Frankenstang's Capri with it and got even better results (just looks bad in the parts where we did a half-assed job with sanding primer and not filling some rough spots in with putty). I plan to redo the paint on my notch sometime either this fall or in the spring, but I'll still be using Rustoleum. What the hell, I've still got half a gallon left... :nice:

If you want a finish that is going to be durable and last I would recommend going with a quality Acrylic Urethane system. Enamels are old technology and it just plain doesn't last nearly as long as urethane. Spend the extra few hundred and save your self the cost of doing it twice.

Yea, there's no way I am sending my car to Maaco's!!! The paint is factory, the car only has 61K miles on it, the guy i bought it from was the original owner and it's been sitting as a sunday driver for the last 10 years! As for the headlights, I'm thinking of going with the one-peice design, it just looks cleaner. Also gonna be changing the rims and hood, but will be keeping all the original equipment in case i want to go back to stock.

I was thinking of going solid blue, just to make it look cleaner....but am hesitant because it looks pretty good with the 2-tone!

Keep the two-tone...those are rare and they really grab me when I see those for sale on the side of the road. I agree about keeping stock parts...not many fox owners are second owners!!!