i need a quick answer on sumitomo hrt z or htr z II which ones?

ok so i am ordering new sumitomo 275/40/17 as soon as i can get some answers on which ones are beter. they both look good. the htr z is $94 and the hrt z II is $86 the price difference is not an issue in this case. i just want to know which one performs beter from stang drivers. i dont care about road noise or anything just which one of the two i should get. thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

i dont have any experience with the II's but i do wth the Z's. the htrz tire is a great tire for the money.

i have heard that the II's are not so good in wet weather and not the best dry traction either.

i have the IIs and you pretty much get what you pay for i mean they are cheap and they arent a bad tire but they dont hold up too long and they arent the best on traction either....had a set on mine for about a year and a half and then had to get new ones

i'm just waiting for

the sumitomo's suck even though i have never tried them guy to post. wait for it, wait for it!!! they are actually great tires for the money, unless you drive like a pissed off teenager everywhere you go you won't have any traction or tire wear issues.

I have the II's and they are OK at best. Traction is fair in dry weather and sucks big time in wet. They were on the car when I got it and they have been lasted me the 2 1/2 years I have had the car just fine.

I have the Z. Before the blower, they were actually a decent tire and for the price you really cant pass them up especially if your on a budget.....After the blower though.....they pretty much suck

spend a $100 more and get a good set of tires for the rear.

Tires are the one thing you shouldn't go cheap on.

i put used tires on every car ive ever owned and i run them until they wont hold air anymore. so the htr z's are a good upgrade from the usuall

here are my last goodyear eagles got em for 40 bucks with 50% tread and ran them for a long long time.

SU1HMDAxNzctMjAxMDAxMTMtMTIwMy5qcGc.jpg

and the yokohoma's i got for 70 bucks for the front two 245/45/17s with about 99% tread on them

SU1HMDAxNzgtMjAxMDAxMTMtMTIwMy5qcGc.jpg

so im still skimpin and getin cheapo tires

i put used tires on every car ive ever owned and i run them until they wont hold air anymore. so the htr z's are a good upgrade from the usuall

You're a brave guy. Safety is my #1 priority when being on the road. No offense, but running tires until the won't hold air is about the dumbest thing I have heard. I just can't get myself to go cheap on tires for a car that sees the street often. Especially at speeds of 115-120+mph through the 1/4 at the strip, then driving 70 miles back home.

I completely agree. There are far too many risks to running poor quality/bald tires when you can buy good tires for just a little more. It would cost so much more to get a ticket for bald tires, or worse have an accident. Even with insurance, a 500$ deductible is expensive compared to spending an extra 100$ on tires, and who wants to deal with the headache of insurance and car repairs, or worse being injured.

There are far too many situations when you need good tires. Just a few feet means the difference between having an accident or not, and even with good, name brand tires, there can be a difference in stopping distances of 10 feet or more. Imagine the difference between a good name brand tire and a bald 10 year old rotten rock you bought online. Even if you are the perfect driver, you never know when someone will do something insanely stupid infront of you, requiring a panic stop.

Plus, bald tires hydroplane horribly! I am happy to spend several 100$ if I can avoid doing donuts at 75mph on interstate, praying I come out alive.

You're a brave guy. Safety is my #1 priority when being on the road. No offense, but running tires until the won't hold air is about the dumbest thing I have heard. I just can't get myself to go cheap on tires for a car that sees the street often. Especially at speeds of 115-120+mph through the 1/4 at the strip, then driving 70 miles back home.

10k really? i had around 8-9k on mine (htrz tires) when i sold the car and the tires still looked great. lots lots lots of tread left.

Yep, and driving it the same way, Nitto 555's lasted for over 20k. I put an average of a little over 20k a year on my car, and 2 sets of Nitto's lasted for a little over a year. My Sumi's in the rear lasted 6 months, well I'm actually still driving with them at about 9 or 10 months, but the car has only gotten driven once a week for the last 4 months, due to the tires being so bald.

Just look at treadwear rating, Nittos are 300, Sumi's are only 160. The Nittos have a higher treadwear to dollar ratio.

Yep, and driving it the same way, Nitto 555's lasted for over 20k. I put an average of a little over 20k a year on my car, and 2 sets of Nitto's lasted for a little over a year. My Sumi's in the rear lasted 6 months, well I'm actually still driving with them at about 9 or 10 months, but the car has only gotten driven once a week for the last 4 months, due to the tires being so bald.

Just look at treadwear rating, Nittos are 300, Sumi's are only 160. The Nittos have a higher treadwear to dollar ratio.

:scratch:

i dont always put alot of stock in the treadwear rating. true, these tires arent what i would call 'long lasting' but im shocked you only got that few of miles out of them. like i said, with 10k on mine they were every bit of 60% remaining.

odd. :shrug:

I run sumitomos and like them for the money, i have a hard time justifying spending over 600$ on tires when you can get the same look with the sumitomos and pay a little over 400. When i go to the track i put my track wheels/radials on but for street driving, the sumitomos aren't that bad