I NEED ADVICE FROM THE EXPERTS!

mrlx

Aug 2, 2007
Topeka, KS
My 92 lx coupe has a stock 4 cylinder engine buy... Budget is the first thing on my mind... i want a nice engine, but i dont want to spend alot... Is there a site where they rebuild engines, and sell them for reasonable prices? Does anyone have a 5 inch cowl induction hood for sell? And some Weld Wheels? :Damnit: :uzi: :dead:

• Sponsors (?)

No company rebuilds and sells these 2.3 motors. You'll need to buy one used and do it yourself or maybe you can get a shop to put it together for you.
Google "Weld wheels" and "cowl hoods" and you'll find loads of dealers.

i actualy found a site about 2 years ago when i was doing my first engine that had the 2.3 turbo engine in there list of remain engines, i might still have the link if anyone want to test it..

You sure can find 2.3's rebuilt!!!!!

Whoever said you can't get a 2.3 motor that has been rebuilt is "full of it" :lol:
Jasper engines in Bolingbrook, IL 800-827-7455 will sell a 91 2.3 DIS Split Fire LONG BLOCK, run tested and warrantied for up to 3/36K or 5 years 50,000 miles and deliver it to my shop for under $2,000. Closer to 1,500 if I remember correctly and no, they don't rebuild yours and get it back to you in a few weeks. They deliver you an already built one and take your old one away (150.00 core charge)I know this because my 2.3 with 287K on it is getting a bit tired and I'm looking to get a new one.
Hope this helps ya-Jeff

287K and rising:)