I need electrical help

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have the original tail lights? They will corrode. Take some emory cloth and clean inside and out. You need to do where the bulb goes plus open the trunk, pull the harness off and clean.

If your light bulb socket is loose it could be a bad ground. If your wires are original they are probably brittle and since they run exposed in the trunk I would look for damage to the harness.

But before you do anything........grab a volt meter and check for voltage at the switch. If ok then locate the harness on the left side of your trunk (near the rear seat back and check again. The left light controls the right.
This should help you isolate the area to look for a problem.

ok.. When i turn on the headlights.. i have lights back there. but still no brake lights..

I have power to both sides of the brake light switch at the pedal.. but I am not recieving power at the sockets..

I am thinking brake light switch..

ALL fuses are good.

Yes lights worked before new switch.. replaced the switch.. when i changed out my turn signal switch.. and also my flasher switch was replaced then..

This is the first occurence of the problem.

ok. you wont believe what it was.. after 4 hours of me diagnosing it my self.. i call in a professional.. a buddy of mine is an electrical engineer.. he does the same trouble shooting i do and more.. he notices that the yellow wire.. i believe 10 on the schematics is weak and pulsing power.. we unplug the connector and plug it back it.. it works fine..

Aye why can it never be the easy stuff for me