I need help..something is really wrong..

"when your turning the motor over by hand it is in neutral right?"

You can tell I am a newbie. It was in second. Don't laugh too hard..I tore the whole engine down..HOWEVER, I found a nick in piston number 5 that wasn't there b4 meaning that metal clank noise was the valve hitting a piston. I am on the phone with summit now telling me they sent me a bad head. All the clearances were checked, I pre-oiled the valve train per instructions exactly, etc..If I did the clearance thing wrong then all the valves would have hit..

• Sponsors (?)

Summit is sending me a new head and for safety they said go ahead and use the 6.7 push rods instead of the 6.75's (I had both). Then they said put clay in all 4 cylinders and test before starting. This is the plan and will be finishing up next week. They are also sending me new felpro head gaskets. Sheesh, life isn't always easy.

Although you have to put on a new head, at least Summit didn't give you a hard time about the heads - Pretty good company to work with. I never had any problems returning parts and getting good customer service.

Also, make sure and do your own P to V checks. Me, I am to anal to let anyone else perform such things. Oh, I am with the other posters - send the MAF back and get want you ordered :mad:. Just a wee bit of advice - check and match parts before installing.

Peace
Al