I need help!!! Strut ???

I have a 90 notch Lx 4 banger that I'm converting to a 351W. I pulled the front K member from a 87-89 5.0. When I went to connect the struts, the top 3 bolt assymbly would not match the holes on my strut tower. I looked at the 5.0 I pulled it out of, and it had a different pattern. Confused, I looked at a 90ish (it had an air bag on steering wheel) 5.0 and it had the same pattern as mine. Then I called summit to order some struts for my 90 and he said it's the same strut called for on the 87-93 Fox. Now I'm really confused because a pre90 Fox strut WOULD NOT fit my pattern. The pattern on mine s a little offset compared to the 87-89 pattern. The adjuster plate is even different. What can I do??? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

the strut fits into the assembly. you can use the assembly thats on the car.if you use the old strut remove it from the assembly. new ones don't have the assembly. the rod from the strut will go right in the hole of the assembly. may have to use some spacers on the strut rod

Ford changed strut the mounting plates in 90 like was said. You will have to swap the old plate onto the new strut if you want to use the new strut. The struts themselves are the same. You will probably need an impact to remove the nut on the strut shaft, as it is a PITA to remove otherwise. Good luck!