I need lots more power

• Sponsors (?)

MoNsTaMaCk24 said:
Heads... On your 99 up... Your an idiot... No offense here people... But be realistic! Supercharge or nitrous! Your not gonna get as much as you would supercharged. Hell by a used blower off ebay. stage 3 heads and cams should put you a good bit above 2 grand... Then install on that! Then you need it dyno tuned still... SUPERCHARGE!!!!! 100+ Hp compared to like what 60...

No worries, how could I take offense to you calling me an idiot :rolleyes: . I would do the install myself, I have access to all the tools needed and a shop to do it in. It would be at least 60 hp with a good tune, probably more. On top of that, I have no worries about my bottom end going out. It would be about $2300 to do a heads/cams swap and that is all new parts, not somebody's used blower.

Maybe if I could discipline myself to save up another $1000 for a blower I would do it, but even then I would still need a dyno tune done and all that, so I wouldn't save money in that department.

TARZAN said:
Personally, I'd suggest trying to find a used S/C kit, or a P-600B kit or something, then you'd have no worries lol....

I went with Steen Racing on my heads, and VT cams. You might wanna check out VT, they have some pretty nice cams. I'm not degrading Comps, just throwing out another suggestion.

-Will

I was seriously considering the stage II VT cams, I've heard nothing but good things about them. How much were your heads?

Think about it the best lifters, valve springs, valves, cams.... Your gonna need like 3 grand for it... Head gaskets... ARP Bolts or stock... Then.... Your intake manifold dont match your ports on your heads... You gonna dish out over a grand on intake manfiold... SUPERCHARGER IS REALISTIC!

Ok, you may be starting to convince me now. I'm assuming that those kits for around $3,000 are all non-intercooled. Is it really safe to run 8 psi non-intercooled on a daily driver? I already know who I would take it to for the tune. Would I be able to make a 3 hour trip before I got the tune?

crew_dawg16 said:
I was just on the way home and got walked by a turbo civic. I am now shifting my attention from the 10.5" rims and 315 DRs I was going to buy and put the money towards a head/cam swap. I already know what cams I want, the XE270AH ones from comp cams. My question to all of you 99 and newer stang owners out there is who to get my heads from?? I was thinking fox lake, but I don't know what other companies have to offer and I can't find anything except for PI headswaps in a search. All you guys with aftermarket heads help me out here with some numbers and such.

Matt :flag:

From launch how fast did you go up to? I bet you let off below 100mph. On highway I usually hang on till 120 just so they are far enough in my rear view, On the street I hang on till 60 just so I can see them try to keep up so far away....

drummer said:
From launch how fast did you go up to? I bet you let off below 100mph. On highway I usually hang on till 120 just so they are far enough in my rear view, On the street I hang on till 60 just so I can see them try to keep up so far away....

Thats the thing, he was on my ass when I was doing 60 down highway 70. We started from about 70 or so and I had to shift out of 4th at 111, that's when he passed me like I was sitting still