i need mufflers that don't drone!

yeah I bought some Ultra Flo's for a killer deal...was up at the muffler shop...guy told me about em, didnt know which they were..already had the mustang flow tubes on them, picked it up, looked straight through the mufflers/flow tubes "ill take em!" haha

• Sponsors (?)

GTPhreak said:
yeah I bought some Ultra Flo's for a killer deal...was up at the muffler shop...guy told me about em, didnt know which they were..already had the mustang flow tubes on them, picked it up, looked straight through the mufflers/flow tubes "ill take em!" haha

I was gonna go with the Dynomax Ultra-Flo catback on my 94, but when I called around I was getting quotes of like $750 WITHOUT installation :fuss: :bang: :notnice: :rlaugh: :damnit: :bs:

I pretty much said screw that and then decided I liked the flowmaster sound better. :flag:

I have $120 TOTAL into my COMPLETELY SS catback :p

Bought the mufflers and flowtubes off of a wrecked 01 GT for 1 bill, little tweaking and they fit right up, then found some tailpipes practically brand new also dynomax for 20 bucks.. Have a totally stainless steel catback from dynomax for 120 bucks...hate me if you must :D :) :D :)

5.0_GT_kid said:
Not to mention the straight through UltraFlos actually made LESS power than the 2 chamber Flowmasters.
thats kinda a blank statement...It totally depends on the combo. with my future turbo setup, i can just about guarantee the ultra flo's will make better power than most other mufflers out there because of the lack of restriction

GTPhreak said:
thats kinda a blank statement...It totally depends on the combo. with my future turbo setup, i can just about guarantee the ultra flo's will make better power than most other mufflers out there because of the lack of restriction

That's true, guess it just depends on application. I, however, plan to stay NA.

5.0_GT_kid said:
That's true, guess it just depends on application. I, however, plan to stay NA.
yeah your right its all the combo....Paul's car is really a testiment to that(of course being a sick driver helps as well) in an NA app the chambered muffs may make a tad more power because i believe they are a little more restrivtive, hence giving a little more back pressure and creating more torque....but on a boosted application you want that exhaust to get the hell out of there so you want a more straight through design....with that being said i doubt you would notice the difference in a catback on the SOTP dyno OR at the track...maybe a tenth, tenth and ahalf most....

Anthony

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
yeah your right its all the combo....Paul's car is really a testiment to that(of course being a sick driver helps as well) in an NA app the chambered muffs may make a tad more power because i believe they are a little more restrivtive, hence giving a little more back pressure and creating more torque....but on a boosted application you want that exhaust to get the hell out of there so you want a more straight through design....with that being said i doubt you would notice the difference in a catback on the SOTP dyno OR at the track...maybe a tenth, tenth and ahalf most....

Anthony

That's what I've heard as well, but never really seen any numbers to back it up so I just went with the comparo I read in the FAQ section.