I need new muffler bearings

Camman

Founding Member
Jan 5, 2000
Las Vegas, NV
:D :D :D Seriously, for a 99 3000gt. I know its not a mustang but I thought maybe someone on here would know where I could buy some bearings that wont melt under the temp of a dual turbo.

:lol:

My buddies keep on melting and hes looking to me for an answer which I dont yet have. Thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

Geez....

Anyways, the "gasket" that most idiots call a muffler bearing....if it's melting from a turbo, that's because turbo exhaust kits don't use gaskets, i'd suggest just getting a proper exhaust.

Guys - give him a break. The 3000 GT's have a diverter valve in the exhaust that allows it to bypass the muffler allowing (theoretically) for more power and (actually) louder exhaust note. What he's saying is that the bearings or bushings that allow that diverter valve to pivot are failing due to heat. It's as close to an actual 'muffler bearing' as you can get.

And I have no idea what to replace it with -- glad you found a part. Personally, I'd do away with that feature altogether and run a custom, free-flowing exhaust system.

Michael Yount said:
Guys - give him a break. The 3000 GT's have a diverter valve in the exhaust that allows it to bypass the muffler allowing (theoretically) for more power and (actually) louder exhaust note. What he's saying is that the bearings or bushings that allow that diverter valve to pivot are failing due to heat. It's as close to an actual 'muffler bearing' as you can get.

And I have no idea what to replace it with -- glad you found a part. Personally, I'd do away with that feature altogether and run a custom, free-flowing exhaust system.

But he's fun to pick on......:D

Seriously though, had he explained it as you did he would not have been picked on so much. I didn't know the 3000GT had such a feature.

Michael Yount said:

No kidding? I've never heard of such a feature on the 3000GT's... crazy.

Michael Yount said:
BTW - crawled under the back of a new Saleen Stang (05) the other day and found a very similar feature -- so even some Stang's have 'muffler bearings'....

Also surprising.. is it a complete bybass of the muffler as well?

Makes me wonder what other cars might come from the factory with this feature...