I need serious input guys...

• Sponsors (?)

I'd go with the Vortech and gears because its the cheapest and that should leave you with some extra cash to get a plenum/tb or exhaust. Since its a centri and if u shift at low rpms for DD u wont put as much stress on ur engine from boost like a roots or twin screw.

If u choose to go with option 1, dont get the intake stuff unless its the KB options

Werd! I'm psyched! :D Gears are getting done next weekend and then I'll be buying the blower/installing the blower early June! Now I need to find somewhere to get the car dyno tuned...I'm thinking Kauffmans...

AmBo said:
Werd! I'm psyched! :D Gears are getting done next weekend and then I'll be buying the blower/installing the blower early June! Now I need to find somewhere to get the car dyno tuned...I'm thinking Kauffmans...
Kauffmans or JD's just outside of NE Philly if you don't want to drive 3 hrs. I still haven't decided where i'm going either. I found another really good SCT tuner in far South Jersey..Matt Hill Motorsports. So i'll flip some coins or something.

tomustang said:
I'm just quoting the last thing you said but anyway, don't get gears with a blower if your going to drive in the snow, you won't be able to go anywhere

So true. It should be something like this..
Option 2: Vortech + Gears+Beater
  • Vortech SQ Tuner Kit $2,300
  • LMAF 90mm $90
  • 42# Injectors $250
  • Focus Fuel Pump $100
  • SCT2 Tuner $400
  • 3.73s $350
  • Beater $1000

• Total: $4,300

The tune is what I'm worried about. I should do the tb/plenum + exhaust before the blower, right? That way it can get tuned while it's on. Or can I get it tuned, then do the tb/plenum + exhaust after?

man i could drive an auto in the snow with the best of them...maybe a completely stock 5 speed gt would be okay for the snow, but i find it much easier to drive an auto in the snow. if you dont let out on the clutch just right, its too much force at once, and your just gonna spin the tires. if you guys are talking about driving around in a dusting of snow then i dont guess it matters, but for a few inches, id rather have the auto.

So this is how it's looking so far. Please correct me if I'm missing something:

Option 2: Vortech + Gears
Vortech SQ Tuner Kit $2,300
LMAF 90mm $90
42# Injectors $250
Focus Fuel Pump $100
Accufab 75mm tb/plenum: $420
Magnaflows & Magnaflow Catted X: $750
SCT2 Tuner $360 *bought*
3.73s $180 (labor: $175)*bought*

Total: $4,435

new IAT
don't forget dyno tune...

you can get away with not getting catback til later
probably also with tb and plenum but you prob want those on their for the dyno tune...

It's not that big of a deal to hit 365 rwhp with vortech and otherwise stock car...
just remember that when you're trying to add all this extra stuff on...