I Need Stealth

toyman

10 Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Vernon BC
I just recently added Magnaflow Hi-Flow metallic spun cats and a Magnaflow cat back system. Problem is I can be heard from a mile away and I want quiet. Tried a Dynamax muffler today and it was no better and perhaps worse. And while I know most of you want that deep rumble but that's not what I'm looking for. Based on the collective wisdom of the group what is going to make my vehicle quiet. I've been told that with the cam and KB I'm probably looking for the impossible but I'm optimistic. So whose muffler should I bolt on next? I want this to be a real sleeper.

• Sponsors (?)

I just recently added Magnaflow Hi-Flow metalic spun cats and a Magnaflow cat back system. Problem is I can be hear from a mile away and I want quiet. Tried a Dynamax muffler today and it was no better and perhaps worse. And while I know most of you want that deep rumble but that's not what I'm looking for. Based on the collective wisdom of the group what is going to make my vehicle quiet. I've been told that with the cam and KB I'm probably looking for the impossible but I'm optimistic. So whose muffler should I bolt on next? I want this to be a real sleeper.

Dynomax super turbo was the quietest muffler I found with the least restriction. Now, there is a difference between Loud and "drone." My Corsa muffs have zero drone but they are loud as heel wide open throttle. I am surprised your car is loud given it has cats! :eek: Did you lose any power with those cats BTW?

Dynomax super turbo was the quietest muffler I found with the least restriction. Now, there is a difference between Loud and "drone." My Corsa muffs have zero drone but they are loud as heel wide open throttle. I am surprised your car is loud given it has cats! :eek: Did you lose any power with those cats BTW?

I'm talking about loud. As I stated I can be heard coming and carrying on a conversation at 1.5K rpm is almost imposssible. If I lost power with the cats it isn't noticible.

These are the cats
mpe-59926_w_s.jpeg
High Flow 300 cell density Metallic Substrate Magnaflow Cats 59926.

It would help if you could tell us which dynomax is on your car. I thought the super turbos were almost too quiet, which is weird b/c they flow real well. What kind of rwhp are you putting out? I ask b/c my car got louder the more hp it put out. I am na but when I went from 350, 400rwhp to 450+, with different mods, it got noticeable louder.

It would help if you could tell us which dynomax is on your car. I thought the super turbos were almost too quiet, which is weird b/c they flow real well. What kind of rwhp are you putting out? I ask b/c my car got louder the more hp it put out. I am na but when I went from 350, 400rwhp to 450+, with different mods, it got noticeable louder.

I don't have an answer for the Dynomax. The shop that installed the Magnaflow cat back brought in a set of Dynomax expecting them to be quieter but pulled them as they were louder so I don't know what series he tried. As far as rwhp see this recent thread.

http://forums.stangnet.com/787808-where-did-horses-go.html

I'm going to request they try Borla ProXS. My reasearch says they are the quietest and still have good flow characteristics.

Exhaust

You want the Dynomax Ultra Flows. They are very mellow and sound great.

The Super Turbos are pretty quiet too, but don't last that well. After a season of use they get a lot louder.

Also, if you want quiet you should be using a catted prochamber. It's the quietest aftermarket midpipe out there. Pair that with the Dynomax Ultraflows and that's as quiet as you are gonna get.