i need to choose a supercharger help

saleen137

Nov 11, 2003
Bellflower
ok here we go i want to supercharge my saleen. I have a 2000 saleen and can't figure out what supercharger to get. I want to be able to push out all pounds of boost at any given rpm. i've looked at kenne bell which i'm leaning towards it but also i saw the vortech supercharger. If you guys had my car and 4 to 5 grand which supercharger would you buy and why. thanks for all the input.

• Sponsors (?)

It depends on what you're looking for. Roots style and twin screw superchargers are more ideal for low end torque gains and 1/8 mile/stop light to stop light runs. Centrifugal superchargers are more ideal for raw hp gains and 1/4 mile racing. Its all in what you want.

Exactly what Dark Knight GT said. I just installed the Novi 2000 in my Saleen, and it's puts me back in my seat pretty quick. That's my vote. But, if you want something for low end, then I would have to say Kenne Belle.

I just got my car back from the mechanic today. I have to tell you that it was like driving a brand new car....wanna know why? Cause it now has a KB S/C 9 psi intercooled kit :banana: The KB will provide full boost right after 2,000 rpm. The almost immediate boost response will provide your stang with tons of torque throughout the rpm range. :hail2: I will have my car dynoed on Friday and will post the results afterward. Unlike the twin screw superchargers, the centrifugals will provide max boost only on the higher rpm range. One more thing, the KB quality is outstanding :nice: