I need to know about this PI Intake Kit

Twista

May 7, 2004
@ the z00 in chicago
http://custommustang.com/Store.htm

scroll down to any of the intakes shown with the word "performance" written in yellow

Is it 100% direct bolt on like the livernois kit or will i need RTV?

Is the second hole for the sensor there or will it have to be tap'd @ a machine shop? :notnice:

I was just told the spacers on the Livernois makes the swap useless, but i just wanna make sure. I have no problem with saving $500 for the intake kit, but i have a problem with buying it and seeing no gains because of the spacers.

• Sponsors (?)

That's the same kit I have. Yes, I still had to use RTV. And yes, the second coolant sensor hole is already tapped.

They call it "complete" because it comes with everything needed to make the swap onto the NPI heads.

PI Intake
Longer coolant tube
Water pump nipple
Alternator bracket
PI Intake gaskets
Tube of RTV

It's a quality kit, IMO. I have zero complaints with it. It came with EVERYTHING needed for the swap, and I have had no problems for right at a year now with the RTV leaking or anything like that. You could maybe piece together a kit of used parts for less money than this, but with all new parts (which is what I prefer on something like this), it's the cheapest thing out there.

The instructions are pretty good also, if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps.

-Will

That's the same kit I have. Yes, I still had to use RTV. And yes, the second coolant sensor hole is already tapped.

They call it "complete" because it comes with everything needed to make the swap onto the NPI heads.

PI Intake
Longer coolant tube
Water pump nipple
Alternator bracket
PI Intake gaskets
Tube of RTV

It's a quality kit, IMO. I have zero complaints with it. It came with EVERYTHING needed for the swap, and I have had no problems for right at a year now with the RTV leaking or anything like that. You could maybe piece together a kit of used parts for less money than this, but with all new parts (which is what I prefer on something like this), it's the cheapest thing out there.

The instructions are pretty good also, if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps.

-Will

Perfect,, what kind of luck do i have. The 1st reply from someone who installed the same kit himself. Im going to do some more research on the Livernoise kit. I rather not touch the RTV.. plus the 24 hour cure time would kill me LOL.

Also, did your exhaust change @ all? tone? volume, etc?

Thanks man :flag::nice:
Happy turkey day

Yea, I was the same way initially about the RTV. But if you look at where you have to put the RTV, it isn't very bad at all. It's only 2 places on the water crossovers, one on the front, one on the back. Worse case scenario is that it leaks a little and you have to take it back apart and re-RTV it. Like I said, I did it (along with hundreds of people over the years) and have had no problems in about 15,000 miles. And about the wait....that was the worst thing for me, lol. I just did it late one afternoon and let it cure overnight. Was good enough for me.

Yes, the exhaust did change a little. It was a little deeper, and a little louder, primarily at WOT above 5000 rpm.

-Will