I Posted This In The 5.0 Forum Also But It's Relevent Here Too, So.....

68stang351

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
Savoy TX
...I know, it won't matter to most of you and I haven't been here in a while. but I just felt I should throw this out there.

I have 3 Mustangs that I drive hard. I know that one has a different transmission, but this is my opinion, different trans or not.

First I had (still have) my H/C/I 351w with a good old T5 in my 68. I put a B&M ripper on this one because it was a good deal on a used shifter from a buddy, and I had nothing else at that point to compare it to besides the stock one. I loved it.

Second, I do a AOD to T5 swap on my wife's 90 GT (obviously using a T5 in it too) and picked up a cheap ass UPR shifter. IMO it's about the same to me as the Ripper, and I loved it too.

Well, a couple of months ago my p.o.s. tremec 3650 in my bolt on 04 GT crapped out and I picked up one with 700 miles on it with a new Steeda Tri-ax.

After driving this car (my daily) for a couple of months with the Tri-ax, ( I know it's a different trans but........), I get into either on of my other cars, and those shifters feel like sloppy factory pieces. I mean they are just flat terrible compared to that tri-ax.

So now I am considering replacing two shifters that I have never had a single complaint about before, with two Tri-ax's.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

• Sponsors (?)