I.Q. test scores am I dumb?

Normal is a range 90-110 is normal, while gen. anything under a 75 is well retarded. 70-90 is slow. 120-140 is gifted and 140-160 is smarter-er :D . They keep upping the possible total score I think the highest is like 200+ now.

Also most of the IQ tests are bias in there "testing" knowledge as one question from an older (pre 1960-1970's) test was what did a proper table setting look like.

• Sponsors (?)

mo_dingo said:
If most of the people on this board scored 130, that would be the average score would be 130, and there lies the problem.
Close, but not exactly right. If the people on this board were representative of the population at large, then this comment would be right. But this is not a representative sample. We have self selected out the drooling idiots (camero and ricer drivers). :D

they way i had it explained by my mom who has a phd in primary education is that an iq test is not a test to just see how smart you are, it is a test to see how you input and analyze information and your overall capacity to function. she also said anything over 138 is very rare. i think if you scored a 148 that you wouldn't waste your time using a keyboard and just use your giant brain power to infuse your thoughts into the much inferior computer.