I Saw My First 2005 GT!!

glowstang93

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Feb 9, 2003
Illinois
Yesterday, I was sitting at a stop sign. As I look to see if its clear, I see it! It looks so retro coming down the road front and back. Pictures don't give it justice. I was in my Montana and chased it down got side by side with it and checked it out. I was going to post what color it was, but really didn't see a color that matched on www.ford.com. It was a GT and it sounded good. Hope you all can see one soon :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

glowstang93 said:
Yesterday, I was sitting at a stop sign. As I look to see if its clear, I see it! It looks so retro coming down the road front and back. Pictures don't give it justice. I was in my Montana and chased it down got side by side with it and checked it out. I was going to post what color it was, but really didn't see a color that matched on www.ford.com. It was a GT and it sounded good. Hope you all can see one soon :flag:
:nonono: Hmmm, so what color was it close to?

Seen one, heck I have been in one :D This is what my friend Neil had to say after we got to go for a test drive in a Lime Green 05 Gt :D I have to say the 05s kick some butt. I would get one if I had the money, but Im just a poor college student. :(

Let me just start off by saying this car is amazing.....by far the best overall mustang ever produced. Its a bargin at 25k. I went with my friend (Dan P.) to go look at the car. It had been there less than 3 hrs and was already detailed. The dealers and salemen were all taking turns going for rides. Me and daniel hopped in and went for a ride. That car is badass PERIOD. Its a whole new class of mustang. The handling is stunning to say the least. Let me list the details by section....

Power: Definatly not a slouch....we had 3 people in the car and still had our heads planted in the seat up to 85mph. It has all the lowend of a 5.0 with gears but yet the topend of a car well.....with 300hp. Just puts a grin on your face the whole time you are in it

Interior: I don't know who said its cheap looking but they are a moron and has no clue what they are talking about. They finally used the nice plastic in these cars. Shouldnt be any more plastic rattles as it ages. The color changing guages are sweet looking. The seats are the most comfortable Ive ever sat in. Lots of head room/leg room. Leather is much better quality than the old cars. Road noise is almost nonexistant. We got up to 85 and it felt like we were doing 40 or 50 tops. The entire steering column tilts up and down, not just the wheel. The shaker 1000 sound system will blow your ear drums out if you want it to. The only thing thats cheap in the interior is the round silver plate around the air vents....it spins around and looks tacked on. The old interior just looks lame compared to the 05's.

Drivetrain: The gearbox is noisy but not as noisy as an aftermarket shifter. The drivetrain clunk thats been on pervious mustnag is gone.

Handling: This car has very little body roll and fishtails around corners nicely. It also seems very responsive.

By the way was it this color? This is just like the Gt we took out. Its Legend Lime Green.

post-7-1090823222.jpg

I saw one too about a week ago, it was dark red, it was dark outside and i thought it was some old plain jain sn95 stang. Then i realized it was an 05 and i didnt get to see if it was a GT or not. And to topic creator is very correct, pics dont do justice.

No it wasn't the green, more like gold/grey. If I get a chance I will try to ask the owner if i see it again. This one came from Town & Country Ford in Evansville Indiana. Evansville actually has two dealerships.

Has anyone else noticed that when u open the door the widow comes down about 1/4" and then when u shut the door it goes back up under the trim piece at the top. Pretty Cool, but could be pretty costly if it stops working?

I see 'em all the time at work, I work at the Saturn dealer right next to one of the largest Ford dealers in this part of town. I've seen '05s in silver, yellow, mineral grey, sonic blue, torch red and redfire. GT's and sixes. I love 'em more and more. :D

Ash