I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND PRELIMINARY PRICING FOR THE 05 STANG

kinjalxxv

Apr 21, 2004
WHILE BROWSING AROUND THE NET FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THE KILLER NEW MUSTANG.. I CAME ACROSS CARSDIRECT.COM. I DONT KNOW IF THE PRICES ARE CORRECT.. BUT ITS INTERESTING. JUST THOUGHT ID SHARE IT WITH U GUYS. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN OFFICIAL PRICING WILL BE RELEASED? IS IT WHEN THEY START TAKING ORDERS LATER THIS MONTH?

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe - 24,730
2005 Ford Mustang Standard 2dr Coupe - 18,035

2004 GT PREMIUM - 24,845
2004 V6 MUSTANG - 18,150

* Please note that this model has not yet been released by the manufacturer and any information about specifications, features, colors and pricing is subject to change.

http://www.carsdirect.com/research/ford/mustang/2005/standard/features

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know if those #'s can be trusted or not because i havent hared any offilcal announcement or anything.

But i will share something with everyone that my cusin told me. He's a sales manager for Honda, he's been the best country wide for like 3 years now so he knows what hes talkin about. He said if the GT is comin out for around 26-28000, then a price of 35000 can be expected cuz of dealer mark-up's. The first year of a car is when a company likes to make all of its money. Ford might not produce a lot of them so the dealer may only have a few and thell go to the highest bider. Thats why im waiting untill 06 to buy one, that and by then thell have all the bugs worked out, (if any).

66stangowner said:
He said if the GT is comin out for around 26-28000, then a price of 35000 can be expected cuz of dealer mark-up's. The first year of a car is when a company likes to make all of its money. Ford might not produce a lot of them so the dealer may only have a few and thell go to the highest bider

When you say company, are you referring to Ford? They don't stand to make a dime if the dealers mark up the cars. As for the dealers, you bet they are going to match the supply and demand with markups.

And for the record, considering Ford has not released the pricing, they are just guessing like we all are.

Eric

66stangowner said:
Ford might not produce a lot of them so the dealer may only have a few and thell go to the highest bider.

Hasn't Ford said they are going to make 180,000 units in the first year? If even only 1/3 of that number are GTs, that is a lot of cars and if anyone pays more than MSRP they are nuts. I can see the 1st one someone paying a premium, but not for everyone after that.

66stangowner said:
I dont know if those #'s can be trusted or not because i havent hared any offilcal announcement or anything.

But i will share something with everyone that my cusin told me. He's a sales manager for Honda, he's been the best country wide for like 3 years now so he knows what hes talkin about. He said if the GT is comin out for around 26-28000, then a price of 35000 can be expected cuz of dealer mark-up's. The first year of a car is when a company likes to make all of its money. Ford might not produce a lot of them so the dealer may only have a few and thell go to the highest bider. Thats why im waiting untill 06 to buy one, that and by then thell have all the bugs worked out, (if any).

bs flag on that, no one's going to pay $36k for a v8 mustang, period. dealer markups are traditional with low volumn production vehicles. they're gonna sell more 05's than they have in over 20 years, so many will be made, there's no way the mark up will be significant, if present at all. There will be another Ford right down the street that will have 20 more at a cheaper price than the other dealer with mark ups.

The dealers will use these mustangs as bring em in cars,they're going to offer fantastic deals and rebates to bring in the traffic then turn around and try to sell you a $35k suv.

There will be stupid people that will buy a gt for 35k. This is america and there are a lot of stupid americans out there. If the dealer says we only have 5 left, what are you gonna do call them liars. They might have 20 off the lot but if they sell 5 at a time they can make more. These guyz are grease ballz, they have no soals, they will rip you off anyway they can and get away with it. Its the sad truth. The first mustangs where mass produced but they had a huge mark up. Even then it got to the point where dealers where buyin mustnags from each other cuz they had customers that where willing to go way over invoice. I could be wrong, but that would mean the dealers dont want to make as much money as they can :rlaugh: Its supply and demad. Your not gettin a GT for 27,000 helllll no. There is a lot of buzz on this car and Ford knows it. There not stupid.

Well time will tell all.

kinjalxxv WHILE BROWSING AROUND THE NET FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THE KILLER NEW MUSTANG.. I CAME ACROSS CARSDIRECT.COM. I DONT KNOW IF THE PRICES ARE CORRECT.. BUT ITS INTERESTING. JUST THOUGHT ID SHARE IT WITH U GUYS. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN OFFICIAL PRICING WILL BE RELEASED? IS IT WHEN THEY START TAKING ORDERS LATER THIS MONTH?

2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe - 24,730
2005 Ford Mustang Standard 2dr Coupe - 18,035

Let us pray those are the prices. :nice: :nice: :nice:

66stangowner... with all due respect to your cousin, 'cause I don't know him.... I find new car dealerships to typically be absolutely devoid of any real new car knowledge, or valid insight, and they prey on the ignorant who either don't do their homework, or don't do an appropriate amount of shopping between numerous dealers to find a good and ethical one. Ford will be churning out '05 Mustangs like popcorn. Any dealer who sticks a "market demand addendum" sticker on an '05 will be staring at that car rotting in their showroom for a long time, as everybody flocks to the dealership in the next county that's doing honest business. I think new car dealerships talk that "high demand, premium over sticker" B.S. line so often, every day, that they actually start believing their own schtick after awhile. Yes, dealerships make good money on idiots who walk in and swallow the "addendum sticker" hook, line and sinker. But the idiots mean nothing. There's still plenty of more down-to-earth Ford dealerships out there that will be churning new Mustangs out the door at straight MSRP, if not cheaper, and making their money the smart and ethical way, on volume. Within a 100 mile radius of me, or probably anybody here, there's over a dozen Ford dealerships to choose from. Just because some dealerships will make a business of exploiting retarded people, doesn't mean that any of us here won't EASILY find '05 Mustang GT's for a fair retail or less price.

Just imagine how many '05 GT Mustangs one dealership would sell, simply telling the customer "$24,730 plus tax/tag/title, it's yours"

compared to another dealership trying to convince buyers:

"Hey, these babies are HOT!! $35,000, and you can thank me later buddy-boy. I'm really doin' you a favor here! I've got customers waiting in a line for this car!! People are paying $45 grand on ebay!! But I can see that your a sharp guy, a real shrewd negotiator, and I want to see you in this car, so I'm gonna break the rules a bit, JUST FOR YOU! Let me get my SALES MANAGER!! He'll put together a sweetheart deal, just for you, 'cause I can tell you're a stand-up fellow."

Buyer waits for 15 minutes, sales manager appears with folded piece of paper, and hands it to customer:

"This is as far as we can go, you know, I've got somebody on hold on the phone in my office that is ready to pay our asking price, but I told him that you had first dibs, and I'm a man of honor. $34,900, and that's our bottom line. Let me show you what your payment would be on a 120 month schedule..."

O.K., with that scenario in place, I foresee the first dealership selling twenty new GT's while the other dealership struggles to strike it rich on ONE. Who makes more money? That's easy to figure.

RICKS said:
"Hey, these babies are HOT!! $35,000, and you can thank me later buddy-boy. I'm really doin' you a favor here! I've got customers waiting in a line for this car!! People are paying $45 grand on ebay!! But I can see that your a sharp guy, a real shrewd negotiator, and I want to see you in this car, so I'm gonna break the rules a bit, JUST FOR YOU! Let me get my SALES MANAGER!! He'll put together a sweetheart deal, just for you, 'cause I can tell you're a stand-up fellow."

Buyer waits for 15 minutes, sales manager appears with folded piece of paper, and hands it to customer:

"This is as far as we can go, you know, I've got somebody on hold on the phone in my office that is ready to pay our asking price, but I told him that you had first dibs, and I'm a man of honor. $34,900, and that's our bottom line. Let me show you what your payment would be on a 120 month schedule..."

WOW, You must be Psychic. :hail2: I heard something real similar last week from a dealer on a '04 Premium GT Demo that had been slightly abused by the new car sales manager. :nonono: Why is it dealers think the public are idiots? :shrug: Before I left I told them that I would NOT be back to buy an '05 from them if this is the way they do business now. They have called twice now and at last count came down to ONLY $1,500 over sticker out the door with my trade-in. :rlaugh: Gee, like I'm gonna drop what I'm doing and run down there to be stupid. Oh well, there are 4 dealers in Nashville that I'll be talking to next year.

Paul

One thing I've learned -- just say no when it comes to visiting the new car dealer in person. You will either get screwed over on the price, or you will blow an entire day dickering down to an acceptable price, and get yourself an ulcer in the process. Deal only with the "Internet Managers" -- I had offers ranging from MSRP to under invoice within a couple hours of sending e-mail requests to the dealers this way. Never again will I deal with a salesman in person...

Dave

I talked to the salesmanager at the dealership I purchased my '99 from a couple months ago about potential dealer mark-up and they said they wouldn't mark them up. They also I could get my "X" plan agreed price without any hesisitation. With the high volume planned, marking them up would be bad for the dealers and for Ford. I don't think Ford is not in any financial position to make any customers angry with jacked up prices. I realize some dealers in areas of the country probably will, but I hope not.

Ford needs a grand slam with the new Stang, and I hope they hit one. As bad as I want to preorder one, I'm going to wait and see if there any problems with the car before I make a definate decision.

Hey RICKS, the little skit you played out is pretty accurate. That is exactly what happens, but ill add something to it. They always mention the BANK. "The bank wont let us go down any further." Thats what they all say, The best way to buy a car is CASH up front, if you got cash then you dont go for O% intrest, you get something like 12% but you go for a rebate if avalible, then you, after the deal is sighnd, go back with the cash the next day and pay the car off, you get the cash back, intrest doenst matter anymore cuz the car's paid off in 5min. Its a sweet way to buy a car. The dealer loses a bounch of money. :D

Any way ur all welcome for the lesson, although its hard to pay off a car in cash. Your right about one thing, people like me and you will not get ripped off like that because where smarter then that. But a good salesmen could sell a Honda Civic for 35,000, ive seen it done before and its ugly, they dont now what hit em, I live in LA where people have a lot of money, out here a CL500 Benz goes for about 15,000 above MSRP, people pay for em and there isnt that much of a demand for them, not as much as this new stang any way. ITs gonna be intresting to see what happens, but turst me, people are gonna get ripped off blind on this car, there will not be any rebates on it till next year cuz the'll go without em.

v8only said:
bs flag on that, no one's going to pay $36k for a v8 mustang, period.

The sticker on a fully optioned out 2004 GT Conv is around $32,000. True, no sane person would pay sticker. :D

But then again, there were a lot of people who paid over sticker on the 2003 Mach 1 just to have one of the first. For those more willing to wait 6 months more, were able to get a new one off the lot for about $10,000 less.

When the SN95 Mustang came out, one of the local Ford dealers around here, actually put a "market adjustment" sticker on the window of $3K for V6's and $5K for GT's.