I think I saw the first 05 Mustang GT being broken into !!

:D So I was in Pontiac, Illinois today at lunch time and low and behold there was a 05 Yellow GT at the local Spray and Wash. This time I wanted to go look at it and take the recommendations from my last post and see if I just missed anything. As I was eating I noticed 2 guys just moving all over it and I thought they were drying it off. When I got over there they were trying to jam a wire through the weatherstripping to unlock the door. Seems these 2 were taking it to a show (MI dlr plates) and managed to lock themselves out. :rlaugh: Now being the helpfull sort I am I gave them my keys to see if they would work :shrug: Ford only has so many combo's right? Well they didn't and back to work at it they went. I left wanting to laugh but hey we have all done it....course not in a pre-production show car now with chewed up weatherstripping.....

On a side note yellow looks better than red.....

• Sponsors (?)

joeuser42 said:
Did they get in? That doesn't say much for the security on the new stang if they got in with a wire.

Well by the time I left they had not. But Ford chose to keep the same frameless window design on the new car so they were able to get the wire in easy. Now the location of the door lock/unlock button is further up the door so they were going for that. Leverage angle was not going to work for them. BUT if they made a loop and tried to hook the door handle it would have worked real quick. The redesign of the handles is going to make stealing these cars a breeze (not unlike the 93-04 which have a simular design just a little lower) :notnice:

Well if its possible, pop the door panels off, and weld in or glue in blocking plates to stop that kind of thing, of course if you ever manage to lock yourself out, you aren't getting back in without a key, but it'll stop it from getting stolen.