I think my Optima YellowTop took a crap!

MyEarsHurt

May 21, 2004
Okay, I bought my yellowtop like two years ago and now I think its having trouble storing a charge! WTF! I thought this battery was suppose to last longer and be better than other batteries? The only things runnning on battery power when the car is off are my alarm system and the clock in my radio. So what is the deal? I have stored it over the winter twice now, so really this battery has seen less than 15k miles. I am at a loss here, I guess I have to go take it to get tested...but I think my optima is gone :bang:

Anyone else have a lifespan of their yellowtops?

• Sponsors (?)

Just thought I would update. I took the battery up to get tested and indeed its not holding a charge anymore! It only has a 12 month warranty and I bought it like 18 months ago so I got screwed on that one.

I picked up an Optima Red Top to replace it because it has a three year warranty.

That sucks. I have my yellow top sitting in the garage.. waiting to put it in there when i do my stereo. I pray to god it holds a charge. I bought it back in 03. :X

That blows, i was gonna replace my redtop with a yellow because of the same reason. I'm not now if the yellow is only a 1 year warranty.
Are their any better options then the Optima available now? I just don't think they are the same quality that they used to be. My first redtop lasted 6 years of abuse. I have now gone through 2 in 3 years...replaced last one with current one under warranty. I'm curious what else is out there now.

i also bought a red top about 2 years ago now. a mine had a dead cell, 3 months after i bought it. my new one holds up strong tho, i used it in my offraod toy, and my car. it found a resting spot ontop of my alternator in my truck, and has a gaping hole in the top of it, that i filled with silicone in january, and still havnt had a problem with it. they're good batterys.